Home

Reversal Timing

This is a discussion on Reversal Timing within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reversal Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Man. Why do you even respond when I post this if that's all you're gonna add? No **** my right trigger that I use for so many other functions in so many other games works.

You clearly didn't even read what I said where I mentioned that I didn't have this problem in UFC 2, which would imply that my right trigger works.
Because as someone with a degree in electronics I know that just because something worked a week ago doesn't mean it works today.

On at least 4 occasions I've seen a similar problem tied to a r2 problem that player wasn't aware of.

Just trying to help yo.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #10
Banned

Some things to consider:

- If you're on Xbox, your controller may need an update. Go to settings and see if there's an update for your controller.

-TV mode. Set your picture to game mode, this makes an actual difference. This is in your TV menu but it's usually under a weird setting... you have to dig to find it but almost all TVs have a game mode

- You say you played UFC 2, so I assume you had success there? RT + flick the stick quickly. Gotta be very quick every time opponent moves, this means you should be denying every fake as well.

- this game does have a smaller denial window pre GA perhaps. I may be wrong on a mathematical level, but the general consensus is that pre GA denials are harder this year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #11
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
Some things to consider:

- If you're on Xbox, your controller may need an update. Go to settings and see if there's an update for your controller.

-TV mode. Set your picture to game mode, this makes an actual difference. This is in your TV menu but it's usually under a weird setting... you have to dig to find it but almost all TVs have a game mode

- You say you played UFC 2, so I assume you had success there? RT + flick the stick quickly. Gotta be very quick every time opponent moves, this means you should be denying every fake as well.

- this game does have a smaller denial window pre GA perhaps. I may be wrong on a mathematical level, but the general consensus is that pre GA denials are harder this year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The game mode gets me all the time. I have to remind myself of that daily, but it was in that yesterday.

I'll check for a controller update. I just bought this controller for this game, so I would have assumed it'd be in perfect shape but, I guess there very well could be something wrong with the RT already. Apologies for being rude about that, I assumed you were just trolling me man.

Yeah I've got like 70+ fights online now, using Maia and Ronda mostly. It's easier with them, but I still can't do it consistently. Is there any benefit to holding the stick before the transition? I haven't tried that, but I'm just brainstorming ideas while I'm not on the game. Or is it like, I need to quickly flick it when it happens? Because on UFC 2 I felt like it was a bit of a holding mechanic. Like you had to quickly flick it that way but hold it for just a second. If that's different then maybe that's what's got me all out of sorts.

That would make some sense because the denials I've gotten were in fits of anger where I was shouting at the screen, determined that this dude was not getting one more damn transition in. Probably flicked it quickly by reflex during those times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #12
Rookie

I have this exact problem a lot.

Often I know what transition is coming, wait for the animation to start and go for the denial. Only to find that my opponent has made the transition anyway, incredibly frustrating. Again, as with OP I had no issues in UFC 2.

My controller is updated.

RT works perfectly fine as I play FIFA with it no issues.

WiFi running at around 80mbps for laptop and likely faster for xbox as it is through Ethernet.

I have seen quite a few comments online that there is a bit of input lag currently. Possibly the slight lag is causing missed denials as the window is so small? Idk but either way it is annoying because a large portion of my game is GnP which is hard to do when you can't deny transitions.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:46 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Anyone having this problem on ps4?
Old 02-04-2018, 12:31 AM   #14
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Not sure what to tell you man. I'm having 0 issues denying transitions even with lower stamina than my opponent, whether I'm on top or on bottom, and I don't even have to "guess right" to time it. I just wait for the transition animation to play and I deny it.

All I can guess is that lag (network or input) is taking a toll here. Maybe set a static IP for your console and do port forwarding through your modem (LAN) or router (WiFi). Also try running Google Namebench to manually set your DNS to the best available in your area.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Complained about this in the beta and in the trial and it seems to be exactly the same in this game.

I do not have a camera with which I can record my hands to demonstrate this, but I'm having several fights online and offline where I am actively attempting to deny transitions, clinch attempts, takedowns, etc. and failing everything. Regardless of whether I am actually going the correct direction at the correct time or not, because the times I have gotten it have not been any faster than the times I haven't. I'm also not striking during this occasions, as I usually end up just trying to prove my point and figure out what is going wrong. I'm just preparing for the grapple and still can't deny it no matter what character I use or what the situation is.

My internet normally runs between 90-130mbs so I don't have problems lagging on most games. I didn't have this issue in UFC 2.
The window is definitely smaller than in 2. I also notice a larger discrepancy in the ability to deny or get reversals if you aren't a pure bred ground guy. It might just be a placebo effect, but I changed 4k DVR recording on my xb1x to 1080 and I found it to be a bit better offline. Let me know if that helps you if you are on the X. Online however is a whole different story. Even the smallest amount of lag can be very troublesome (not only for ground game but for headmovement in the standup).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »