Home

Current Stamina Config Ruins Online Game Play

This is a discussion on Current Stamina Config Ruins Online Game Play within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Current Stamina Config Ruins Online Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I dunno about you guys, but I get tired pretty quick hitting a heavy bag.

Whos idea was it that blocked strikes wouldn't cause Stamina drain?

Indeed, who's idea was it? And what game are you talking about?
Old 02-04-2018, 03:47 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Stamina hierarchy for striking goes like this:
  • Clean strike = least drain
  • Blocked strike = slightly more drain
  • Whiffed strike = more drain
  • Evaded strike = most drain
FNC also operated on these general principles. The idea is to reward efficiency. If you are just hitting air or worse yet being evaded, you're being inefficient. If you're landing clean you're being efficient and if you're hitting the guard then you at least are throwing in range.

This usually works out to the desired result in practice. And if you increased the tax too much on strikes against the guard, you'd create a turtle's paradise.

I think the system mostly works well, but you can argue that certain fighters have cardio that is "too good" and allow them to abuse the system and throw strike totals that even their real life counterparts wouldn't match up to. Tony Ferguson is on my radar for this, but Cain is a possibility too.

We'll see what happens going forward, but I think some of these cardio monsters might need a nerf to make them more reasonable.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:49 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
FNC also operated on these general principles. The idea is to reward efficiency. If you are just hitting air or worse yet being evaded, you're being inefficient. If you're landing clean you're being efficient and if you're hitting the guard then you at least are throwing in range.

This usually works out to the desired result in practice. And if you increased the tax too much on strikes against the guard, you'd create a turtle's paradise.

I think the system mostly works well, but you can argue that certain fighters have cardio that is "too good" and allow them to abuse the system and throw strike totals that even their real life counterparts wouldn't match up to. Tony Ferguson is on my radar for this, but Cain is a possibility too.

We'll see what happens going forward, but I think some of these cardio monsters might need a nerf to make them more reasonable.
Cruz is insane with cardio. Dude has fought what once in 2 years and got his tail kicked? Jesus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 06:34 AM   #12
Rookie

Increase damage, increase stamina drain

The only way people will learn to pick their shots and fight realistic
Old 02-04-2018, 07:44 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
Increase damage, increase stamina drain

The only way people will learn to pick their shots and fight realistic
this! said this for years and we still have some kind of MK / SF clone with UFC fighters. Having a "sim" with like 200 -250 strikes per round with almost no stamina loss (of you connect) is unfortunately laughable. I would prefer a game where you have to pick your attacks wisely rather than going 100% for 5 minutes. In reality fighters gas out after maybe 10-15 strikes in stand & bang situations. Here you just relax for like 3 secs and then go back into hardcore slugfest. Hell yeah!

Gesendet von meinem LG-H955 mit Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

You can't just look at this from a specific fighter point of view Zombie. This happened in Ultimate Team where a fighter isn't really a fighter. He is a visual skin slipped over a template. This guy was a "grappler" fight style (I think). Essentially anyone that is a balanced, brawler, striker etc at a gold level can and will throw like this. This goes deeper than tuning individual fighters stats.

Last edited by dina1229; 02-04-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #15
Just started!

THE SOLUTION TO STAMINA

(Sorry guys, I wanted to create my own thread but seems like I can't... used to post on the UFC forums when they were still EA's.)

I've been a long time fan of MMA and have literally all the MMA games ever made. Even the Dreamcast one. But while the technology improves, the fun just does not. I played a lot of EA UFC 1, hardly any 2, and I don't know how long I'll last in 3.

There is plenty to love, but what absolutely drags everything down is the flawed stamina system. In what universe can any professional fighter not strike more than 6 times in a row without getting gassed? Even with a full stamina bar? How is that realistic, let alone fun?

I'm a couch potato and even I can swing 30 times in a row without gassing, hitting air or not. I think we can all remember TJ's 2nd dismantling of Barao with the ~30 punch combo. Try that in EA UFC and you're gasping for air 5 punches in. There's nothing more annoying in this game than having someone rocked only to gas out after 3 punches. It makes for a sluggish, and frankly, boring striking game.

The solution is simple; short-term stamina should decrease way, way slower. I should be able to punch 30 times in a row if I want. I would take a big long-term stamina hit of course, but this would allow me to go all in when I smell blood and make the game a lot more satisfying AND realistic.

So, my suggestion would be, and I really, really hope the devs and forum members will consider this;
- Significantly decrease short-term stamina depletion.
- Increase long-term stamina depletion when short-term stamina goes down.
- Much greater vulnerability when striking.

This will result in:
- Much more satisfying and realistic striking.
- Spamming will be very risky because of the greater vulnerability but going in for the kill will finally be possible.

I really feel this would solve the biggest issue I've had with the EA UFC games and make it a more fun, dynamic and realistic fighting game for all.

I'd be happy to discuss this in more detail!

Kind regards,
Sir Browns.

Last edited by SirBrowns; 02-04-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:

If we upped at overall stamina loss and increased damage while lowering block(at least while rocked) we’d be in a good spot imo.

I literally threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Derrick Lewis and my stam bar was around 60%. That’s crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »