Home

The problem with body punches

This is a discussion on The problem with body punches within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #25
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The problem with body punches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
The issue right now is that you cannot really punch yourself out, especially when using cardio machines like Ferguson, the Diaz bros or Michael Bisping. People can walk forward and throw multiple hooks to the body and be safe since you evade many counters by attacking the body.

In a 3 round fight a Nick Diaz player had thrown 400 strikes at me, many of those were targeted to my body, it's especially dangerous when they mix it up to the head. By the 3rd round I had thrown less than half of his total strikes and he had WAY more stamina than me just because he targeted my body multiple times. This issue is not exclusive to cardio guys either. In a quick match I let a Ponzinibbio player spam hooks to my head and try and punch himself out, by round 3 I had almost a full bar of stamina with Masvidal while he had less than half a bar, and I protected my head threw my block/movement. He managed to rock me quick and threw a head kick to KO me, a very frustrating experience. Something is not balanced right now.
I'm throwing a lot of hooks to the body and not noticing a problem. I frequently get rocked if I don't time them well. I basically only use them when I rock my opponent to the head otherwise it seems too risky. As far as mixing up hooks and uppers to the body... I can't speak on that yet.

There is certainly a decent vulnerability window for throwing hooks to the body tho. It's not like it isn't a risk to throw them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I'm throwing a lot of hooks to the body and not noticing a problem. I frequently get rocked if I don't time them well. I basically only use them when I rock my opponent to the head otherwise it seems too risky. As far as mixing up hooks and uppers to the body... I can't speak on that yet.

There is certainly a decent vulnerability window for throwing hooks to the body tho. It's not like it isn't a risk to throw them.
Yeah, perhaps I should back track on saying there is no risk to throwing body strikes. What I meant to say originally is that high volume hook spammers have an advantage when hitting your body repeatedly and ESPECIALLY when using high stamina rated fighters like the ones I mentioned. It is unfair with how the game is right now, when EA has come their closest to emulating real stand up fighting, that a man can throw over 400 strikes total in a 3-round fight, many of which are power shots like the lead body hook, and still have significantly more stamina than you by the final round, even if you have absorbed a couple of those body strikes.

Right now the method is to chew away at the body, by the final round your body health is depleted and stamina is drained. Once you're weakened to the body enough, your opponent can really open up on combos and finish you off. Head movement and backwards/side lunges are a huge gamble.
Apologies for my long messages.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-04-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #27
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Worst part about that is your brother scored 5 knockdowns as well and it did nothing to affect the guys long term stamina.
The funniest part was that in this zombie mode he KO him stiff in last 10 seconds lol.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #28
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
increase more stamina tax for every strikes out.
needs to be more punish stamina drain for combo and combo in a row.
This too - even if you land. You shouldn't be able to just mindlessly out put. You should have to pick and choose your shots and combos accordingly.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #29
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
Were only two days from official release and online ranked is already nothing but body spammers.
Lol. What a mess
Old 02-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Got a question for you folks. Would you consider me a body spammer for what I did in this fight? (I'm Rodriguez in blue)

Personally I don't believe I was, because I saw something in my opponent's style that caused me to fight like that (and it's not the way I normally fight, aside from rocks because I always attack the body on those). You'll probably see it too - it was obvious to me about 1 minute into the fight. But I'm curious as to what you guys think, because these kinds of punches are the exact topic of this thread.

I'm worried that a nerf to body punch effectiveness (particularly its ability to interrupt strikes) will not allow me to effectively counter an opponent that attacks me like this.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-04-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Got a question for you folks. Would you consider me a body spammer for what I did in this fight? (I'm Rodriguez in blue)

Personally I don't believe I was, because I saw something in my opponent's style that caused me to fight like that (and it's not the way I normally fight, aside from rocks because I always attack the body on those). You'll probably see it too - it was obvious to me about 1 minute into the fight. But I'm curious as to what you guys think, because these kinds of punches are the exact topic of this thread.

I'm worried that a nerf to body punch effectiveness (particularly its ability to interrupt strikes) will not allow me to effectively counter an opponent that attacks me like this.
He was being over aggressive and not blocking the body. Thats not spam, thats your best option.

Were talking about the guys you cant get away from. I consider myself fairly good at blocking both, but when i'm 150 ranked fights deep and a lot of guys I encounter make a focus on pressuring to the body cause the counters and escape routes aren't as effective seems like something needs to be tweaked. That something honestly might not even be with the body, since the damage to the head needs to be more drastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #32
Banned

just get rid of the leaping body hooks and uppercuts 1st because there such a ugly animation 2nd ive never seen any one in ufc modern era ever throw sumthin like that animation and not get stiffened. if im wrong sum 1 show me three ufc fighters doin it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »