Home

Is This Fair?

This is a discussion on Is This Fair? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is This Fair?

Do submissions still cause damage? It looked like it from the video, or else the head health dropped a lot from the first blocked strike there, which was weird.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #10
Banned

Maia shredded Story's head with a face crank... just saying.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #11
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Maia shredded Story's head with a face crank... just saying.
It didn't concuss him tho. A bit of blood came out and who knows if that was completely due to the neck crank.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #12
Rookie

That is rough, but unless it's consistent I would say it's par for the course. Getting your head squeezed would make you prone to losing consciousness from follow up blows in real life. Though I'm not sure they went to that level of detail.

Combat sports in general are not fair. Fighters are often KO'd by strikes that are petty compared to hits they've taken many times before. So many factors, and a bit of luck go into these sports. Most combat sport practitioners will often tell you, the only way to ensure you don't get KO'd is simply to not get hit.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
It didn't concuss him tho. A bit of blood came out and who knows if that was completely due to the neck crank.

Considering the blood literally jetted out his nose as Maia was at full crank, and that chokes tend to trap all the blood in your head making it build pressure until it feels like its gonna pop, I'd say there is a good chance Maia caused that.

Putting the squeeze on someone with a cut head will force the blood to try and escape from that cut, its foul, but you'll see it occasionally.
There was another really good example from the UFC but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Tony vs Edson is an alright example, once tony takes Jr to snapdowncity and rolls that D'arce you can see the blood from Edsons cut start gushing out even harder. But there is still a better example I can't remember.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #14
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Considering the blood literally jetted out his nose as Maia was at full crank, and that chokes tend to trap all the blood in your head making it build pressure until it feels like its gonna pop, I'd say there is a good chance Maia caused that.

Putting the squeeze on someone with a cut head will force the blood to try and escape from that cut, its foul, but you'll see it occasionally.
There was another really good example from the UFC but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Tony vs Edson is an alright example, once tony takes Jr to snapdowncity and rolls that D'arce you can see the blood from Edsons cut start gushing out even harder. But there is still a better example I can't remember.
I know it caused it but I meant like a complete direct cause. Nose bleeds do happen when getting choked or after sometimes but other factors can influence whether they happen or not. Like genetics, health, and temperature and stuff. Anyway, Maia obviously caused it but I don't really see how a nosebleed is linked to a concussion.

Chokes shouldn't do nearly as much head health damage as they do. If you think otherwise (people in general)... Some examples of guys getting choked and then quickly finished would be cool.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #15
Pro

The arm triangle in 2 was the same. If they got out in the last gate youd end up in side control and a single shot would KO them. You could literally take them down, arm triangle, and 1 punch someone
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »