Home

Online Longevity issues

This is a discussion on Online Longevity issues within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #25
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Longevity issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think this is given away by the corner. Blue corner is the underdog, I think.
Just tried ranked and this is not the case. I was in the blue corner when i faced an opponent who was ranked behind me.

So that’s not true at all. 👎🏻
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #26
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Can we please have our Leaderboard Season rank next to your profile avatar/picture when loading up a ranked match when you see your opponent.

Would be cool to see if you get matched up with someone higher or lower ranked then you. It would give it that realistic feel like you see on tv with the fighters rankings when they introduce them.
I would love to see more avatar things pop up prefight.

What are the existing bronze, silver and gold badges?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #27
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I would love to see more avatar things pop up prefight.

What are the existing bronze, silver and gold badges?
How many times you beat someone. The more you win against a single person and the amount of wins you have over them makes that fist icon you see by your screen name change colors.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Just tried ranked and this is not the case. I was in the blue corner when i faced an opponent who was ranked behind me.

So that’s not true at all. 👎🏻
Thanks for telling us.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:09 AM   #29
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
They can't though - there's literally no one in the top 100 like that? You have to play to get more points and progress. If you lose alot then you'll battle with them for spots.
On the Xbox there are literally two people who are exactly what he just described.

Granted, one of them is Kinetic NRG's second account. But it's still like 50-0 and hasn't played since the game launched.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #30
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
On the Xbox there are literally two people who are exactly what he just described.

Granted, one of them is Kinetic NRG's second account. But it's still like 50-0 and hasn't played since the game launched.
And he should be in the top 100 with a 50-0 record. . .

It's a trueskill system - not a let me play for hours while people have to work system.

It's not a valid complaint because if someone was good enough they'd surpasse that person anyways.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #31
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
And he should be in the top 100 with a 50-0 record. . .

It's a trueskill system - not a let me play for hours while people have to work system.

It's not a valid complaint because if someone was good enough they'd surpasse that person anyways.
I guess I can see your point.

It's just odd to me. I've always preferred something more based on pure win/loss, but to each their own.

I'm just concerned about a scenario where someone is 310-40 or something and still hasn't surpassed homie that was 50-0. At least in a system that is based off clearly measurable stats, you know for a fact how that would manifest. But using a different system, trueskill if you're saying that's what this is, it's a different algorithm that's harder to understand on base. Not that it can't be understood, it's just different.

Like, if it were up to me I'd just do it based around pure win-loss. To me, it shouldn't be the games responsibility to separate dude that has to work from dude that doesn't. You could make the same argument when trying to create an actual ranking of real fighters. If Fighter A has no outside commitments and can train and fight year round, he's going to end up with better stats than Fighter B who isn't making enough money to fight for a living, and has to supplement that with a normal job costing him time away from the cage. This is a strange example now that I'm laying it out, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from. I'm not like heated about the way they've done it. It doesn't seem to be that big of a change to me, I just wanted to chime in because there happened to be an exact example of what he referenced on the Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #32
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
lol... yeah. The whole point of the leaderboards is to measure skill, this time, as opposed to grinding.

BTW, at least normally, when someone disconnects they get a DNF loss and lose more points than normal.
Great

I will say I did have a game freeze on me and lost me like 25 points

;( ;(

He must have been really low ranked, plus a really nasty DNF penalty on top of that lol

Oh well I've only had one disconnect loss in about 130 online fights --- and only a handful of laggy matches --- one thing they definitely have in good shape is the matchmaking and network connectivity, at least in my experience!

Then again...I grew up trying to play online games with a 28.8 kbps modem so anything is better than that lmao
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »