Home

my thoughts of changes for patches

This is a discussion on my thoughts of changes for patches within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #1
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
my thoughts of changes for patches

Ref stand ups
Less dominant positions such as full guard, half guard and sprawl positions
(less dominant positions we see stand ups mostly from inactivity).

I want to see a timer (this timer may be live tuned if too soon/too late) that makes baby punches, fakes and denying the bottom fighter doesnt reset the timer. If the dominant fighter tries to transition and gets denied it should add 5-10 extra seconds to the timer (this could be live tuned aswell).

Input for takedowns
It would be sweet if we can go for a takedown much more smoothly, that delay can be really jarring at times.

Body spam?
I know the devs are working on this but i hope it doesnt get nerfed too much to the point its useless. i feel just the body uppercut needs to be addressed the most.

Combo system
I feel there is too much reward throwing these lightning quick pre emptive combos without any consequences, i would like to see maybe a more short or long term stamina drain.

Quality of life stand ups
this one isnt so important but it would be great if we could get a stand up directional button when the fighter is laying on the ground and not wanting to stand up. Instad of moving all the way back to the cage we should be able to signal the ref after 5 seconds of the knockdown for the ref to jump in to reset.

This stand up should make the fighters start closer aswell like irl instead of a hard reset like you are starting a new round.

Spinning/ flying stuff
The long term stamina for using these strikes are great but i feel the short term stamina cost is really harsh. when you throw one of these strikes miss or hit you have no stamina and get knocked out instantly. Irl a fighter can throw alot of spinning stuff but just their long term stamina would be depleted much quicker. People like yair rodriguez is useless for guys that throw spinning stuff often. Basically reduce the short term stamina drain.

body kick catch
Im in two minds with this one, some people feel its too easy to get body kick catches but if you disguise them you can land them. If you are going to touch this i would only give it a slightly reduced window frame to catch it. Also watch out for the jab body kick combo arising again.

Gullotine choke from sprawl
It seems abit powerful that you can obtain mount and heavy head damage from a sprawl submission that they escape late. Either the head damage need to be more healthier after or they dont end up in mount. With the powerful mount as it it now it can be exploitable.

Full mount
This is a controversial one, i feel full mount is finally dangerous position but it can be escaped, i just feel people havent learnt how to escape. I want it to stay as it is, but maybe the transition to pull them back down to postured down mount should be quicker as a different method to leviate the pressure.

Extra damage in single collar clinch!

Knockdowns
When we knockdown the opponent and have the option to go fly into their full guard their block should be much more depleted maybe 1/2 or 1/4 depending on the severity.

Bug fix for against AI
when you have the AI in sprawl position, the human player in dominant and ai in submissive, sometimes when the AI tries to transtion left or right all their short term stamina depletes when you deny them. Also make the AI fake in side control its too easy right now to KO them with elbows in that position.

Half guard to mount should be slightly harder to get, its too easy to obtain with how much better the position is now.

Can something be done when getting up from a ground interaction or clinch and being in the wrong stance all the time?

Last edited by Trillz; 02-07-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
MVP

Re: my thoughts of changes for patches

I really hope punch catches like UD3 that result in the clinch are added.

Single collar punch health events would help against the body spam too.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #3
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I really hope punch catches like UD3 that result in the clinch are added.

Single collar punch health events would help against the body spam too.
yh single collar punches and knees need increased damage at least.

Im not sure how punch catches can work with the controller set up?
Old 02-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
Banned

In terms of bugs, I'm seeing legs glitching quite often. On a lot of single leg takedowns it seems to happen. I hope they get that under control. And the UP transition from bottom half-guard glitches hard if your opponent is striking you.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Ref stand ups
Less dominant positions such as full guard, half guard and sprawl positions
(less dominant positions we see stand ups mostly from inactivity).

I want to see a timer (this timer may be live tuned if too soon/too late) that makes baby punches, fakes and denying the bottom fighter doesnt reset the timer. If the dominant fighter tries to transition and gets denied it should add 5-10 extra seconds to the timer (this could be live tuned aswell).

Input for takedowns
It would be sweet if we can go for a takedown much more smoothly, that delay can be really jarring at times.

Body spam?
I know the devs are working on this but i hope it doesnt get nerfed too much to the point its useless. i feel just the body uppercut needs to be addressed the most.

Combo system
I feel there is too much reward throwing these lightning quick pre emptive combos without any consequences, i would like to see maybe a more short or long term stamina drain.

Quality of life stand ups
this one isnt so important but it would be great if we could get a stand up directional button when the fighter is laying on the ground and not wanting to stand up. Instad of moving all the way back to the cage we should be able to signal the ref after 5 seconds of the knockdown for the ref to jump in to reset.

This stand up should make the fighters start closer aswell like irl instead of a hard reset like you are starting a new round.

Spinning/ flying stuff
The long term stamina for using these strikes are great but i feel the short term stamina cost is really harsh. when you throw one of these strikes miss or hit you have no stamina and get knocked out instantly. Irl a fighter can throw alot of spinning stuff but just their long term stamina would be depleted much quicker. People like yair rodriguez is useless for guys that throw spinning stuff often. Basically reduce the short term stamina drain.

body kick catch
Im in two minds with this one, some people feel its too easy to get body kick catches but if you disguise them you can land them. If you are going to touch this i would only give it a slightly reduced window frame to catch it. Also watch out for the jab body kick combo arising again.

Gullotine choke from sprawl
It seems abit powerful that you can obtain mount and heavy head damage from a sprawl submission that they escape late. Either the head damage need to be more healthier after or they dont end up in mount. With the powerful mount as it it now it can be exploitable.

Full mount
This is a controversial one, i feel full mount is finally dangerous position but it can be escaped, i just feel people havent learnt how to escape. I want it to stay as it is, but maybe the transition to pull them back down to postured down mount should be quicker as a different method to leviate the pressure.

Extra damage in single collar clinch!

Bug fix for against AI
when you have the AI in sprawl position, the human player in dominant and ai in submissive, sometimes when the AI tries to transtion left or right all their short term stamina depletes. Also make the AI fake in side control its too easy right now to KO them with elbows in that position.

Can something be done when getting up from a ground itneraction or clinch and being in the wrong stance all the time?

Stop deluding yourself brother, if they wanted that to be in the game they would already have it or have it fixed.
We have been asking for that for 6 years now

You will get a UT pack and a new Nate Diaz taunt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
yh single collar punches and knees need increased damage at least.

Im not sure how punch catches can work with the controller set up?
The same way kick catches work. With a well timed block, but the window should be smaller since punches are generally faster.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:52 AM   #7
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

How about tweaking the submissions so you can actually escape them on normal and pro difficulty every now and then? I'm tired of playing on normal just so I have a prayer of escaping them. If I play on pro,the stand up is at least a little challenging but I'm getting subbed every time.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:53 AM   #8
MVP

I agreed all. I dont understand why they made the body kick catch easly even if a counter make health event after the body kick catched. We dont have a option for block in that time. I confusing cuz I heard that we arent able to hit during Active Knickdown cuz there is no block option in that time. A counter make the health event after kick catched and throw a high kick. Its a little OP now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »