Home

Being matched up against same players on quick fights

This is a discussion on Being matched up against same players on quick fights within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Being matched up against same players on quick fights

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here but why am I constantly being matched up against a small pool of really competitive players on quick fight? I went 4-0 on ranked, have since went back on quick fights to practice and there's absolutely no variety in matchmaking, I fought the same guys now ever since and they're usually div. 4-5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: Being matched up against same players on quick fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Perhaps I am missing something obvious here but why am I constantly being matched up against a small pool of really competitive players on quick fight? I went 4-0 on ranked, have since went back on quick fights to practice and there's absolutely no variety in matchmaking, I fought the same guys now ever since and they're usually div. 4-5.
They made it like this so new players dont feel too overwhelmed when they play.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
They made it like this so new players dont feel too overwhelmed when they play.
Really? I was worried that may have been the case. Am I the only one who finds this really stupid? Apologies for my honesty, but that is ridiculous! Quick fight should remain open. Very disappointed in this decision.

I thought that was what ranked was for, climbing the ranks and facing stiff competition. Now I'm literally fighting the same players over and over again, and it's also taking much LONGER to find an opponent. I got matched up with the same guy 3 times in a row. Kind of tired of fighting against the Nick Diaz user who sets it to 5 rounds. Friday before I hit up ranked I was getting so many different players in a few seconds of loading time, now I'm fighting top ranked guys with longer loading times... on quick fights! I'm not even that good either.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-05-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #4
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Really? I was worried that may have been the case. Am I the only one who finds this really stupid? Apologies for my honesty, but that is ridiculous! Quick fight should remain open. Very disappointed in this decision.

I thought that was what ranked was for. Now I'm literally fighting the same players over and over again, and it's also taking much LONGER to find an opponent. I got matched up with the same guy 3 times in a row. Kind of tired of fighting against the Nick Diaz user who sets it to 5 rounds. Friday before I hit up ranked I was getting so many different players in a few seconds of loading time, now I'm fighting top ranked guys... on quick fights!
yh its a sweatfest everywhere online, people are tryharding in every mode. The only incentive is that if you lose in quick fights it dont matter but some guys are taunting you out when they clearly got the better fighter, just makes you think if i had a equal fighter he would be finished.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
yh its a sweatfest everywhere online, people are tryharding in every mode. The only incentive is that if you lose in quick fights it dont matter but some guys are taunting you out when they clearly got the better fighter, just makes you think if i had a equal fighter he would be finished.
I think the devs should change quick fights to open matchmaking because not only am I facing a limited number of players but the loading times are excessive. It's really stupid that the game tells me there's 20,000 people online and I'm fighting John Smith for the 3rd time in a row, know what I mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

I wish they'd make it open. I don't want to have to try hard in every single mode. Sometimes you just want to chill and practice different things. If a newish player has to play a better player it is what it is. That's how the cookie crumbles. They can catch up. They will also match up with people of their own skill level and below too.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I wish they'd make it open. I don't want to have to try hard in every single mode. Sometimes you just want to chill and practice different things. If a newish player has to play a better player it is what it is. That's how the cookie crumbles. They can catch up. They will also match up with people of their own skill level and below too.
But the thing is, I'm not officially ranked in a division yet. I just went 4-0 on ranked and ever since the matchmaking on quick fights hasn't been the same. The loading times are long, and I'm facing the same people over and over again. If GDP reads this, I would love to hear the reasoning behind this. There's thousands of players online and I'm playing against the same 6 people lol. This is one of the most ridiculous decisions made by EA, not sure why I'm the only one complaining about it.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

UFC 1 still has the best quick match of all time. lol

And we’re now on UFC 3.

Hmmmmm.... 👎🏻

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »