Home

Latency needs fixed

This is a discussion on Latency needs fixed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Latency needs fixed

I previously created a thread entitled "Damage Needs Fixed" but a few days later I think I figured out another problem. It's not just the damage. Try this experiment: Do an OFFLINE match against P2 with the console attached directly to AC power. This gives maximum performance. Now play a match. The damage will make a lot more sense. You can even knock people out with one punch. Now go online. It's a whole different damage system. You can't even hurt your opponent, you will only get knockdowns. This is latency at work. You lose inputs as well as network delays which causes the whole game to break down. If the devs can address latency, I think most of the other issues would disappear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Re: Latency needs fixed

I've seen many people complaining about input delays even offline. What is happening? Where are the Gamechangers!!!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:49 AM   #3
Rookie

Not being a gamer or even PC savy (I am 56 lol) I got hooked on this game 2 years ago by my youngest son who is a Greco wrestler on the international level and a gamer since he was 3. Being an ex fighter and big MMA fan I got hooked on this game like it was crack lol and became seriously good!

The issue I am having is I don't have any friends who play video games and don't know what I need to get the best and fastest response time when playing. The two UFC games are the only games I have on my Xbox. I never had any issues playing UFC-2 and could deny-transition-ect with basically the best but ever UFC-3 I can't seem to hold anyone including the AI in practice in the crucifix or if on bottom and have an opponent in side saddle top deny the transition to hold him when his arm goes across your chest. Basically everything else works smoothly but not as smooth as UFC-2. I used to deal with LAG on line and when Kenetic NRG had his brief Youtube channel he was explaining that to get the best and fastest game play was using a Moniter or 4K television.

I have wireless Fios and play on a 29" Philips television set to GAME. I am going to get a 4K television this week but is there anything else I should know "like about my internet service or settings to get the best results out of game play? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #4
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat113
Not being a gamer or even PC savy (I am 56 lol) I got hooked on this game 2 years ago by my youngest son who is a Greco wrestler on the international level and a gamer since he was 3. Being an ex fighter and big MMA fan I got hooked on this game like it was crack lol and became seriously good!

The issue I am having is I don't have any friends who play video games and don't know what I need to get the best and fastest response time when playing. The two UFC games are the only games I have on my Xbox. I never had any issues playing UFC-2 and could deny-transition-ect with basically the best but ever UFC-3 I can't seem to hold anyone including the AI in practice in the crucifix or if on bottom and have an opponent in side saddle top deny the transition to hold him when his arm goes across your chest. Basically everything else works smoothly but not as smooth as UFC-2. I used to deal with LAG on line and when Kenetic NRG had his brief Youtube channel he was explaining that to get the best and fastest game play was using a Moniter or 4K television.

I have wireless Fios and play on a 29" Philips television set to GAME. I am going to get a 4K television this week but is there anything else I should know "like about my internet service or settings to get the best results out of game play? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure you are using a WIRED connection. Wi-Fi (even the best Wi-Fi with a good router) is less reliable than using a hardwire. Just make sure you have a Cat 6 cable going directly from your PS4 to your modem / router.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...=operasport-20

4K does nothing to enhance response. That's just a resolution, so everything will look prettier.

I recommend playing at 60FPS 1080p on a PS4 Pro / XBox One X.

If you're playing seriously (as in, not just casual entertainment), your best bet is to play on a monitor with a very low response rate (1ms). So, something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/22-inch-Monit...=operasport-20

Most televisions do post-process filtering to the image before it shows it to you, leading to delay. "Game Mode" somewhat ameliorates this issue, but not entirely. It's a case of your "Your mileage may vary." If you want to for sure mitigate the issue, play on a monitor at 1080p with a PS4 Pro or XBox One X for 60FPS over a wired internet connection.

If you're using the new version of the Dualshock 4, set the controller mode to USB (instead of Bluetooth) in the settings.

This will allow your controller to communicate to the PS4 directly over the wire instead of using Bluetooth and only using the cable to charge. Only the newer versions of the controller (that come standard with the PS4 Pro) can do this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...controller_as/

Cool backstory btw. Glad you are enjoying the game!

EDIT: I just realized you're using an XBox. Nevermind what I said about the Dualshock. Everything else still applies.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 02-06-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:41 PM   #5
Banned

Reset your router. It has a huge effect. The reality is I just went 15-0 after resetting my router, and input lag is almost gone. There's still latency issues, but nothing like before. The game feels so much better. There are still glaring flaws, but the main thing to address is latency. Fix that and you have a gold-star title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
EA UFC Producer

Bassi's Arena

We made some improvements to matchmaking connection selection today. Hopefully it is noticeable. Please keep giving us feedback (i.e., time it took to connect to the fight and how the fight felt in regards to latency). It does help if you give us information rather than straight up "this sucks, fix it!"
Old 02-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
Banned

Are you a dev? Thank you for your prompt attention to this important matter.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:06 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Some further elaboration from Raman about the matchmaking changes, if any of you care. This is all information from Raman. I really appreciated the technical details and figure some of you might also:

Quote:
Before the update, the game gave users 5 seconds to connect to an excellent connection, then opened the floodgates after 5 seconds to any connection.

The game will now stagger it to 6 seconds for excellent, 5 for good, 10 for moderate, and then open the gate for any connection under 150ping.

The max before was 200 ping.

So if you want to time it, after 15 seconds of searching, you can restart your search for a better connection.
So basically, if you're sick of laggers, then always cancel and re-search before 15 seconds is exceeded.

The other good news is that if you do exceed that 15 seconds search, the maximum allowed ping has been reduced by 50.

This should be amazing news to anyone sick of fighter laggers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »