Home

Stamina + Strike Damage

This is a discussion on Stamina + Strike Damage within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 12:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stamina + Strike Damage

When a fighter is in the wobbly fatigued state does this affect their damage output? It seems weird to me that an obviously fatigued fighter can still deliver hooks, uppercuts and kicks from hell. Seriously, I always manage my stamina but my opponents just spam strikes all fight. By rounds 3 or 5 I'm the fresher fighter with nearly a full bar while they have a quarter bar but they're still throwing bombs at me that feel as powerful as they did in the first round, it doesn't make sense imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Stamina + Strike Damage

Yes. I don't know how much the max reduction is. And I read rumors that it's bugged and not really reducing the damage. I'm not betting on the rumor being true, though.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Yes. I don't know how much the max reduction is. And I read rumors that it's bugged and not really reducing the damage. I'm not betting on the rumor being true, though.
Well I believe those rumours are true and the issue is being overlooked by the devs. I went against an aggressive Vitor Belfort in a 5 round fight while using Brunson. All he was doing was throwing hooks to my head. In the 5th round I had a full bar and he had less than half a bar of stamina, but while he was in his walking dead state he was still rocking me left, right and center. So much for using my stamina advantage against him (something I've been doing in all of the EA UFC games). He threw twice as many strikes as I did in 5 rounds and I landed nearly the same amount as him! Yet, the dude was still a monster in the final round with no stamina left. Something is DEFINITELY wrong here!

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-06-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I've been rocked several times by opponents who were hurt. That is NOT a bad thing! They should still be able to counterstrike and do damage.

But of course, that puts them at risk of a massive KO b/c they are already hurt, and aren't playing 100% defense at that point.

That said --- if opponent is hurt very badly AND has little/no stamina, then they shouldn't be able to do much in the way of stunning you with a counter strike. I'm just talking about if they still have a large amount of stamina / they're "lightly rocked" lol

If it is a bug I hope it's fixed
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 02-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Being rocked puts you into a similar state as being fatigued. You get really slow strikes, you can't combo and you are hugely vulnerable.

Your damage is also reduced.

But the attacking fighter remains as vulnerable as before when he attackers, so if you can manage to land a strike while your opponent is doing something you can swing the momentum of the fight on a dime.

The attacker has all the advantages though, so if it does happen it's very likely he got greedy and reckless.

It's very easy to lose track of your stamina when trying to finish the fight, and get countered hard right at the end of the health event.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Being rocked puts you into a similar state as being fatigued. You get really slow strikes, you can't combo and you are hugely vulnerable.

But the attacking fighter remains as vulnerable as before when he attackers, so if you can manage to land a strike while your opponent is doing something you can swing the momentum of the fight on a dime.

The attacker has all the advantages though, so if it does happen it's very likely he got greedy and reckless.

It's very easy to lose track of your stamina when trying to finish the fight, and get countered hard right at the end of the health event.
The person getting rocked should have some more stamina penalty.

The only time rocking someone should tax your own stamina considerably is when you waste too many shots trying to finish only to be blocked or evaded.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #7
MVP

Strike damage should be increased considerably but landing should become harder/defense become easier.

The number of knockdowns before the finish should be decreased, ~5 KDs in a round should be decent.

Stamina should be more punishing. There should be stamina ceilings on how many strikes that can be thrown in a round based on the stamina stat.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Rocks and Kds should easily lower your stamina and your health way more than what it does now GPD. There’s no fighter getting rocked and dropped 6+ times a fight these things need to be addressed. Too many instances where there’s 6+ knockdowns and the fight still isn’t over. Then it puts pressure on you to try to finish the fight quicker because your opponent is soooo hurt but you wind up with no stamina because of all the damage you’ve done and your opponent has tons of stamina and you start getting the hell beat out of you because of the damage and stamina effect. So you go from COMPLETELY dominating your opponent to losing a fight you shouldn’t have

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »