Home

Discussion: Balance vs Realism

This is a discussion on Discussion: Balance vs Realism within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Discussion: Balance vs Realism

Real life is balanced, so both?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
Real life is balanced, so both?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Real life isnt balanced though. DJ hasnt had a competitive fight in like 4 years and doesnt have any real weaknesses right now.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Real life isnt balanced though. DJ hasnt had a competitive fight in like 4 years and doesnt have any real weaknesses right now.
That has way less to do with his physical abilities and more with with fight IQ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
I don't want a game where i have to fight like woodley did against maia or wonderboy. They were enjoyable to watch live but not fun to watch again or if u had to play that fight time and time again
That's funnily enough been some of my favourite matches that I've had where I follow this strategy, especially using Woodley. I know he has great power but poor stamina. I keep distance and try to make opponent whiff, maybe while working they're legs and popping the jab. When I've a chance I proceed.

Fighting this more "realistic" way has given me my favourite fights of the game so far, as opposed to rock em sock em robots.

By approaching other fights with other realistic outlooks, it's given me the same joy, both in results and satisfaction.

Taking my time and going for takedowns off the jab with Maia. Chewing up the legs with aldo or RDA. Being up in their face with Alvarez of Gatje and brawling.

It's not perfect but this game gives you the chance to fight these styles and it makes it very rewarding when you need to put tactics into your game rather than button mashing.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:01 AM   #37
Rookie

so u have played fights on this game where u have played 5 rounds and only landed 57 punches/kicks thats what happened against maia or the thompson one where he only landed 61? I'm not saying it shouldnt have realistic mechanics my point is i dont want to have to play a game were i throw that few shots because i'm terrified of being taken down and not being able to get back up. . If that was the case in every fight there wouldn't be another game as casuals would lose interest very quickly.

edit: All i can say is i never played fight night or any preivous mma games and started playing mma games on ufc1, i still really struggle with the striking mechanics and distance and the complexity of the game even after 100's of hours, i still resort to complex button bashing where i know what i'm trying to input but doenst always work but i get the feeling ppl on here have forgotten how difficult this game is to learn and master and if u make it too realistic/complex then we massively limit the amount of pl who can play it. Ppl talked about removing hud from ranked to make it more realistic, i tried playing career mode with no hud and i can tell you now if they introduced no hud to ranked u would have no new players playin it as they would just get destroyed in there first few games and never comeback.

Everyone on this forum is a hardcore player pretty much and u all seem to forget that its the casuals who make or break these games. This community demanded ragdoll physics(defintly not for realism) and one of the things the reviewers complain about is the ragdolls, I just get really worried that if this game goes too realistic there wont be a ufc4 which as far as im aware is a real possibility if this game doesnt do well enough

Last edited by Sivo; 02-07-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
so u have played fights on this game where u have played 5 rounds and only landed 57 punches/kicks thats what happened against maia or the thompson one where he only landed 61? I'm not saying it shouldnt have realistic mechanics my point is i dont want to have to play a game were i throw that few shots because i'm terrified of being taken down and not being able to get back up. . If that was the case there wouldn't be another game as casuals would lose interest very quickly
I would love that as a realistic option

You’d have to choice of being more aggressive but it puts you at the risk of being finished.

But only at high level play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »