Home

Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Nah, I don't. Post em mate
My twitch is Dc2Ac

Im at work atm and cant access the site.

Im not a top level player but I’m definitely above average. My record was like 80-12 in EA UFC 2 ranked(stopped at Div 5 so I could find matches in quick match)
Old 02-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Someone better step up to play me on PS4 and try to keep me on the outside lol. It's easy to say anything on here without putting it into practice. I know how successful I've been by doing this so if someone can keep me on the outside.. I'll know it can be done. And when I say successful... I've lost fights doing it too.... but they can't keep me on the outside. The fight turns into a brawl every time.

PSN: FearFyah
Old 02-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Someone better step up to play me on PS4 and try to keep me on the outside lol. It's easy to say anything on here without putting it into practice. I know how successful I've been by doing this so if someone can keep me on the outside.. I'll know it can be done. And when I say successful... I've lost fights doing it too.... but they can't keep me on the outside. The fight turns into a brawl every time.

I usually do it with backdashes and pivot hooks

I’ve had countless dudes give up chasin me lol.

When I get home i’ll give you specific times to check out my movement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Pretty much just using long attacks to stay away from the pocket.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #13
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

Thing is you can't keep someone outside forever...especially against someone who is good at cutting off the octagon. You can only do it while you have space. Just like the fighter trying to get on the inside has to fight his way in, eventually the outside fighter will get caught in the pocket and have to fight his way out. So if you're fighting, trying to keep distance and stay outside, you need to also learn how to escape the pocket when you're caught.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #14
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=926513

Thats what i said but nobody answered probably cause off my language....

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Thing is you can't keep someone outside forever...especially against someone who is good at cutting off the octagon. You can only do it while you have space. Just like the fighter trying to get on the inside has to fight his way in, eventually the outside fighter will get caught in the pocket and have to fight his way out. So if you're fighting, trying to keep distance and stay outside, you need to also learn how to escape the pocket when you're caught.
This. I try to play a rangey counterstriking game, and generally it goes pretty well, but occasionally I get Diazed into a corner and have to time my opponents or work out a pattern so I can either cicle out with strikes or lunges, then go back to half retreating half circling until they inevitably cut me off again.

Short LS lunges are handy as hell to get off the fence, few of them in desired direction, then the long lunge and you'll avoid just sliding along the fence and staying trapped.

Retreating strikes are handy whilst you backing up, too, practice the retreating spinning heel kick, once you know the range on that you can smash folk as they advance on you.

Lastly, if you can set them up, the roundhouse and ? Mark kick's sidestepping versions are fantastic for circling out, but risky up close cause youknow. Kicks.

It's still a close range fight at all times for me when the AI does its swarm mode thing, even when I try to use range. The movement stat doesn't seem to affect forward/backward walking speed so you can get walked down pretty quick even with good footwork by a swarmer.

Or maybe I just suck at range fighting still lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Not forever... But I can stay in tight like 90% of the time in nearly all my fights.

I want to be able to do what Dodson did to Lineker. Holm to Rousey. Condit to Diaz.

That seems extremely difficult. I just seem to be able to duck my way into the pocket easily all the time. Walk forward. Hold block. Duck/Upper at the right time, followed by a hook. Often gets a rock. Eventually the other guy gets frustrated and just starts throwing uppers and hooks in the pocket back.

I'd post footage of this happening but it wouldn't prove anything. Everybody would say that the other player should have done A, B, & C. Which is why I'd much rather have someone show me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »