Home

Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #33
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
That's a great idea. But, decrease it when you're close and not moving as well. The closer you get the easier it is to break and you get a percentage decrease when moving forward. You're closer and moving in so less reaction time.

Add in the nerf to body punches on stamina and it becomes viable to fight on the outside.
Yea that sounds logic man i like it.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
That's a great idea. But, decrease it when you're close and not moving as well. The closer you get the easier it is to break and you get a percentage decrease when moving forward. You're closer and moving in so less reaction time.

Add in the nerf to body punches on stamina and it becomes viable to fight on the outside.
They just need to increase stamina penalty for landed/blocked strikes and whiffed strikes.

It would force people to cut back on spamming
Old 02-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
They just need to increase stamina penalty for landed/blocked strikes and whiffed strikes.

whynotboth.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
whynotboth.jpg
Lol

I’d be scared of body strikes not impacting stamina enough.

Unless you meant to nerf the evasion frames which I 100% agree with
Old 02-06-2018, 09:52 PM   #37
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:

This wouldn't solve the issue as you can still move forward constantly without spamming tons of strikes. I wasn't spamming when playing Solid.

As for the blocking reliability being decreased when moving forward.... I'm not sure about that either way rn. Gonna let someone else chime in on that one.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Solid and I just had some fights. We're about the same level but we're both still learning about the game in some areas (me more than him).

I still believe that holding high block and staying in someone's face the whole fight is far too viable. In real life if two guys stood nose to nose for every round... Well, they wouldn't. Someone would get knocked out fast or somebody would back down.

We tried different things while I utilised this strategy. Firstly, I just basically used duck/upper and sway/hook. He wasn't able to get me out of his face. Which was a consistent theme the whole way through all of the fights. When he started going to the body... my stamina was draining much faster and he was able to win a few (not that the results are relevant). He wasn't able to get away from me though... Like ever (until my stamina was completely drained and movement was slowed). I then went to the body too and I was able to win. All the fights were competitive and we both got rocks/knockdowns.

If a fighter tried to walk someone down holding high block like that irl... They're getting hit. Their block is not impenetrable. If they're in the pocket all the way in the whole time... They're in danger.

You can't keep someone away with a jab in this game. As I've been saying from the beginning... It favours the Mike Tyson style the most. Only Mike wasn't in your face the ENTIRE time.

Solid doesn't agree with me so I'm sure he'll be here with counter points though.
I agree it is an issue, now. But I expect it to be mostly about the body punches being OP. Once that's fixed, the viability of staying close will be smaller. I also agree that high block is currently too strong. I think there should be more partial penetration due to partial block breakdown. And perhaps there should be halting effect on advancing movement for a certain measure of block penetration, so that tanking with high block doesn't allow players to keep close so easily.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This wouldn't solve the issue as you can still move forward constantly without spamming tons of strikes. I wasn't spamming when playing Solid.

As for the blocking reliability being decreased when moving forward.... I'm not sure about that either way rn. Gonna let someone else chime in on that one.
Did y’all record any of it?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #40
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Did y’all record any of it?
Nah, but I'm up for doing so tomorrow. With anyone who wants to if it'd be beneficial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »