Home

Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I feel like the biggest issue is the footwork and the damage you're able to do to someone holding high block walking forward. So any buffs to footwork would help. This idea that you can simply lunge back and create distance is not true when playing a competent player who only wants to fight on the inside. Any kind of stiff arming would help also. But I don't think different strikes being added is the answer as it's so easy to just walk straight up to your opponent chest to chest. There are already decent options with strikes to throw on the outside but it's so easy to walk past them and keep high block held and stick to your opponent like glue.
I’d really love to see video of your style so I can have my friend replicate it.

Im interested if it’s really that difficult to get away.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:32 AM   #50
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I’d really love to see video of your style so I can have my friend replicate it.

Im interested if it’s really that difficult to get away.
I don't think a video will tell you much either way but I'll try to get one up with a good player today. It's very easy to critique a video but until you experience it yourself it's difficult to understand.

It would look very simple and dull on video. And it is. But that's the point... It's so simple, yet so easy to implement.

I know AI is different but I actually went through the whole of career mode on pro this way with a KO in the first round every time. Finished undefeated.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #51
Rookie

How do you deal with body shots if you're holding high block?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #52
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
I feel like the biggest issue is the footwork and the damage you're able to do to someone holding high block walking forward. So any buffs to footwork would help. This idea that you can simply lunge back and create distance is not true when playing a competent player who only wants to fight on the inside. Any kind of stiff arming would help also. But I don't think different strikes being added is the answer as it's so easy to just walk straight up to your opponent chest to chest. There are already decent options with strikes to throw on the outside but it's so easy to walk past them and keep high block held and stick to your opponent like glue.
Are you saying the damage that you're able to do to an opponent who is walking forward holding high block, or the damage they are able to do to you?

Cause I often find myself fighting people online who just drain my stamina with body shots and hide behind their unbreakable block. I can never throw anything to break it. Higher weight classes do not have the short term stamina to throw these block-breaker combos I keep seeing people mention but never see video examples of. So I end up trying to use fakes/head movement/footwork to set up an angle and an opening, never works. They just hold block the entire time waiting for me to throw a shot that hits their block so they can counter. There's gotta be something that can be done to remedy that, it's damn annoying when you're winning a fight and the guy realizes it and goes into "Unbreakable Block" mode, walking you down with no regard to his health because all you can do is throw body shots anyways. He's already worn your stamina so low that it doesn't matter. He'll wait for you to land a shot on his block and counter. Nothing you can do about it unless you know one of these mystical block-breaker combos I keep seeing referenced but still have not physically seen with my eyes.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
I don't think a video will tell you much either way but I'll try to get one up with a good player today. It's very easy to critique a video but until you experience it yourself it's difficult to understand.

It would look very simple and dull on video. And it is. But that's the point... It's so simple, yet so easy to implement.

I know AI is different but I actually went through the whole of career mode on pro this way with a KO in the first round every time. Finished undefeated.
I get it.

Did you ever watch the videos i posted btw?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #54
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Are you saying the damage that you're able to do to an opponent who is walking forward holding high block, or the damage they are able to do to you?

Cause I often find myself fighting people online who just drain my stamina with body shots and hide behind their unbreakable block. I can never throw anything to break it. Higher weight classes do not have the short term stamina to throw these block-breaker combos I keep seeing people mention but never see video examples of. So I end up trying to use fakes/head movement/footwork to set up an angle and an opening, never works. They just hold block the entire time waiting for me to throw a shot that hits their block so they can counter. There's gotta be something that can be done to remedy that, it's damn annoying when you're winning a fight and the guy realizes it and goes into "Unbreakable Block" mode, walking you down with no regard to his health because all you can do is throw body shots anyways. He's already worn your stamina so low that it doesn't matter. He'll wait for you to land a shot on his block and counter. Nothing you can do about it unless you know one of these mystical block-breaker combos I keep seeing referenced but still have not physically seen with my eyes.
The damage you're able to do to them. They also shouldn't be so quick on their feet while holding a block that shields them from literally everything lol. When you walk forward with your hands up... You're slower and your block isn't going to be as reliable as you're focusing on getting in range.

You can break blocks but it's not effective against someone who isn't hurt so it's pretty irrelevant.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #55
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I get it.

Did you ever watch the videos i posted btw?
Just did.

So in the Woodley/Punk one... The Woodley player is spamming hooks that you're blocking and then backing off and creating distance himself because of the stamina loss. He's not in your face all of the time. I'm not just bull-rushing forward and gassing myself when I do it. I'm just walking forward holding high block and throwing the occasional counter.

In the Bisping/Johnson fight I don't really see how either player is being extremely aggressive. Like I'm talking the moment the fight starts until it ends.... Constantly holding the analogue in the direction of my opponent while holding block. If done right... Your opponent can do nothing about it and has to fight you on the inside for the whole fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Just did.

So in the Woodley/Punk one... The Woodley player is spamming hooks that you're blocking and then backing off and creating distance himself because of the stamina loss. He's not in your face all of the time. I'm not just bull-rushing forward and gassing myself when I do it. I'm just walking forward holding high block and throwing the occasional counter.

In the Bisping/Johnson fight I don't really see how either player is being extremely aggressive. Like I'm talking the moment the fight starts until it ends.... Constantly holding the analogue in the direction of my opponent while holding block. If done right... Your opponent can do nothing about it and has to fight you on the inside for the whole fight.
The Bisping Johnson(Im Bisping) he gave up trying to chase because I kept making him whiff. He started off fairly aggressive.

And i get what you mean. You’re just walkin forward to pressure but only throwing counter shots.

What do you do when someone back dashes then sits on a leg kick?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »