Home

Diving after knocked down opponents

This is a discussion on Diving after knocked down opponents within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Diving after knocked down opponents

Imagine being able to follow down KD opponents like irl

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #26
Rookie

I made two threads about this in the last 4 months and no changes have been made yet. It's actually been avoided as a topic.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
I made two threads about this in the last 4 months and no changes have been made yet. It's actually been avoided as a topic.
It hasnt been avoided. The devs are aware of the request.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #28
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
I feel like silence from the Devs lately is maybe a good sign? Hopefully big changes are coming in this patch and they are already implimenting these changes, so don’t feel the need to discuss.

I know for legal reasons they can’t specifically say what is changing before it does.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I feel like silence from the Devs lately is maybe a good sign? Hopefully big changes are coming in this patch and they are already implimenting these changes, so don’t feel the need to discuss.

I know for legal reasons they can’t specifically say what is changing before it does.
Yeah, I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything. I just feel a bit spiteful because I came out and made a thread about this 3 patches ago and it hasn't been fixed since then. I mean, this is THE mma game, it just blows me away we can't pursue knockdowns.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #30
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything. I just feel a bit spiteful because I came out and made a thread about this 3 patches ago and it hasn't been fixed since then. I mean, this is THE mma game, it just blows me away we can't pursue knockdowns.
I feel you it happens almost every fight.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #31
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
Am I missing something? I'm having trouble jumping on top of the opponent after a knockdown. Only sometimes will it allow me to jump in and start ground and pound.

Every other time you awkwardly stand over him with options to transition into a ground position. It feels very gamey and clunky. Is there a certain button to press to move down toward the opponent?
If it's a Stage 2/3 knockdown you can hop on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
The refs job is to protect the fighter once the fight is finished. The only reason fighters take unneccessary punishment is due to human error, or the ref’s inability to get there in time. That doesn’t make it “part of the sport”. Would you expect a NASCAR game to have fiery crashes where drivers die?
No disrespect, but as far as the Nascar comment, that's totally different than this situation. I mean in MMA a fighter goes down every match. In Nascar, wrecks do happen in about half the races, but deaths are VERY rare. The 1st in 1952,,the most recent being Dale Earnhardt Sr. over 19 years ago. (Daytona 2001). In the 72 years of racing, 15drivers have died due to a crash in the actual race event, 28 if you include testing and qualification laps. So yes that would make the sport (Nascar racing ) look bad. BUT in MMA (UFC) one of the 2 fighters ALWAYS end up knocked down or at the very least taken down grappling. Game or real life, unless the fighter is knocked stone cold out and stiff when they hit the mat, the the one left standing IMMEDIATELY pounces on the downed opponent and begins beating their brains out until the ref stops them. I never remember a fighter dropping someone and then throwing jabs in the air until the other guy regroups then stands back up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »