Home

How do you guys feel about set combos?

This is a discussion on How do you guys feel about set combos? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you guys feel about set combos?

I feel like pre-set combos shouldn't have been implemented in the game. I get that they were trying to go for a more established stand up but i feel like its a set back for an mma game. In a game like Mortal Kombat its more understandable because it makes sense for their type of combat and their pre set combos can be used into combos that the player creates. But in an MMA game the combos are all about mixup. Yes they have pre set combos that mixup but there's a difference in inputting a pre set combo that mixes up for you and being able to mix up the strikes that you want freely. Basically, i just want the freedom of inputting my own combos and not ones that are given to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 03:11 AM   #2
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Re: How do you guys feel about set combos?

Ah, Mortal Combat. Babylity!
Old 02-07-2018, 04:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjy7
I feel like pre-set combos shouldn't have been implemented in the game. I get that they were trying to go for a more established stand up but i feel like its a set back for an mma game. In a game like Mortal Kombat its more understandable because it makes sense for their type of combat and their pre set combos can be used into combos that the player creates. But in an MMA game the combos are all about mixup. Yes they have pre set combos that mixup but there's a difference in inputting a pre set combo that mixes up for you and being able to mix up the strikes that you want freely. Basically, i just want the freedom of inputting my own combos and not ones that are given to me
I'd like to know what combos you have that you want to do that aren't already implemented in the game?
Youtube
Twitch
Old 02-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

How do I feel about set combos? Meh.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:08 AM   #5
Pro

I like them. There aren’t too many consistently effective combos in real life so I like it. Sure, a jab jab left hook may work in real life but it’s very situational.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 04:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
I'd like to know what combos you have that you want to do that aren't already implemented in the game?
I think he means the fact that certian combos are related to what striking level the fighter has. As in some fighters can string them togheter fast, and some cant.

I hated it at first and assumed it was game ruining input drops. But I have started to like it more and more since I enjoy realistic combos and the fact that it differs between fighters. It opens up trying to find perfect combos for your favorite fighters.

...but it also opens up getting ****ed assuming another fighter can do the same combo and it leaves you open to a counter hehe.

Last edited by sweedee; 02-07-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

MK is actually good example. While they have tons of set combo's, you can also freely flow outside of the combo's. EA UFC sometimes does not even react when you try to string together strikes outside of a combo and body movement looks stiff and out of sync. So many of the strikes in EA UFC are generic and it would seem that they could have found a realistic way to combine strikes.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:50 AM   #8
Banned

I like them but I think they were implemented poorly.

Waaay too much of a speed/power boost without an extra stamina drain.

And I hate the dropped inputs when you dont have it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »