Home

Stalling in full guard on top

This is a discussion on Stalling in full guard on top within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stalling in full guard on top

ref stand ups are needed irl it would happen.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #18
Rookie

The oponent is punching you to get the grappling advantage . So you go against a guy who has maxed grappling advantage ? No sir. You must hit him
Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos78
The oponent is punching you to get the grappling advantage . So you go against a guy who has maxed grappling advantage ? No sir. You must hit him
Grapple advantage doesn't really matter. It's still very easy to deny transitions in full guard without it.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Back Sitting

I use that fake and try to get the full guard transition to make them have to guess my next one because of the fear of the momentum transition.
So for ex: Fake back sitting once or twice, then full guard transition, then either the momentum sweep/get up or the back side control.
Even faking back sitting is slow enough to get denied. There is another one that is fast that I have found. Idk if it's the same one he's talking about. But even then I think somebody who's good and has a top grappler would be able to stop you once they catch on to what you're doing.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Yeah whereas in the actual UFC you see standups so regularly that some of them aren't even warranted. Like dude could be setting up an armbar in a really slow kind of way and still get stood up.

Makes no sense when you then go in the game and someone is just laying on you in half guard for the entire five minutes and the ref is just like "Sick. Nice control."
Exactly, its basically the polar opposite of what actually happens on the ground in real life.

I miss undisputeds standups except those STUPID standups from mount, excluding them, I think that was a good system. Basically if you stalled, the ref would stand you up, but there was a visual cue (the ref would step in close first) you could try to pop out a few strikes and transition and he'd back off if you succeeded.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »