Home

Ultimate spam: takedown. Side control. Elbows to KO.

This is a discussion on Ultimate spam: takedown. Side control. Elbows to KO. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Ultimate spam: takedown. Side control. Elbows to KO.

Using the AI is a terrible way to make a point. On the ground the AI sucks. Doesnt matter how much or little damage side control shots do, you’d KO the AI every time as it just sits therr. In other positions the AI is too good at blocking.

Online is where it matters. Crucifix damage is fine, but obtaining that position is far too easy, sometimes nearly impossible to block. Slowing the transition would be the fix for that. As far as side control goes, since we can’t get a blocking animation there, the only options is to slow strikes, lessen damage, make transitions faster/harder to deny, or a mixture.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #18
Rookie

Ultimate spam: takedown. Side control. Elbows to KO.

When playing offline, I find that elbows from side control are more dangerous and effective for finishing fights than striking from any other ground position, including crucifix. This is not reflective of real life MMA at all.

I’m sure human opponents would be smarter than AI about transitioning out of side control to avoid shots, but I still think the rapid pace (coupled with the high damage) of elbows in side control is OP

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I find that elbows from side control are more dangerous and effective for finishing fights than striking from any other ground position, including crucifix. This is not reflective of real life MMA at all.

Even mount!
Old 02-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #20
Pro

You guys are making me think about a fight I had last night. I was getting killed by stephen thompson and I was GSP. I lost every round and in the 5th with 1 minute left I get a rock and get him against the cage, clinch, slam to side control and hit him with ONE elbow and he's ko'd. I did not like how it only took one shot to completely KO him when he hadn't been rocked at all the whole fight and I was really low on stamina
Old 02-08-2018, 01:57 PM   #21
Rookie

Game dev feedback on grapple-striking would be nice. It seems like they’re entirely focused on the stand up portion of the game at the moment though

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #22
Rookie

I know a trick to never get arm trapped from AAI on mount but GPD is watching us

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »