Home

Knockouts are... unsatisfying to say the least

This is a discussion on Knockouts are... unsatisfying to say the least within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #25
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Knockouts are... unsatisfying to say the least

these KOs are not satisfying at all, i havent been knockd out or knocked someone out and said that was a nice KO basing from how the fighter fell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250

Hahaha look at those refs phasing back in like they just returned from the Ref Zone to call the fight.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #27
Rookie

It would be great to get the Game Changers take on the ragdoll/KOs.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedee
I disagree.
I have gotten some awesome Ko´s due to perfectly timed kicks or punches.

Getting these too often would kill the awesome feeling it gives you when you do hit that perfect counter that you have been looking for.

I do think people get rocked too often.
I've gotten some perfect counters with some pretty meh knockouts. It's not guaranteed you'll get an awesome ragdoll KO or awesome KO for that matter if you time your counter. My best KO was an overhand to a stunned opponent. Full ragdoll, it was gorgeous looked pretty real too. Which is pretty crazy because it came from a stun, not from a perfect timed counter.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
It seems to me they still have an animated "beginning of KO", then it turns into a ragdoll on the way down from the fall. I think this is why it seems more like ragdoll when you do a fancy strike/kick because the impact from these strikes are bigger or from weird angles which make the "beginning of KO" animations initiate the ragdoll state at different positions (a special kick may have caused them to lean more too one side than normal for example) than normal.

I think they added this "beginning of KO" animation so we didn't get the flying baackflip ragdoll KOs this time. But I believe one of two things need to happen to improve the KOs:

1. Bring back full ragdolls anyway. Some few people resist it here, but the majority are willing to accept that ragdolls may mess up sometimes and would rather have the uniqueness they brought back in the game.

2. Drastically reduce "beginning of KO" animation time. Or at least tune the KOs in some way to incorporate more physics, be more unique. Right now most KOs feel way to similar to the last, unlike EA UFC 2 where it seemed like every KO was different.

Oh and I hope Finish the Fight makes its glorious return somehow, but thats another topic entirely.
Exactly this. I'd be fine with either of these honestly. Something needs to be done though, the KO's should feel amazing almost all the time, shame it's like this right now.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
so do ppl just want the ragdolls from ufc 2 back?
That's why there was a post beta change specifically for this so yes. Which is what I thought was originally gonna happen.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #31
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

And the fact that it always ends out in a KO it’s kind of silly they need to bring finish the fight back and we wouldn’t have all these dumb knockouts that we’re having now,
It’s not realistic how many knockouts of the night bonuses can you have in one night !
they need to bring back opportunities to finish fights from a scramble or knock down.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #32
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I kind of like the way knockouts are now, saves me space on my hard drive. Sometimes I get a sweet ko but the fight ends so abruptly I lose interest in uploading clip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »