Home

Leg Kick Wars.... A Problem

This is a discussion on Leg Kick Wars.... A Problem within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Leg Kick Wars.... A Problem

I'm the GSP with the blue gloves. This guy turned the fight into a leg kick war where we both kept getting knocked down by leg kicks and checked kicks. The fact that fights can often go this way when one person has an injured leg is a bit messed up.

Also, when he was knocking me down and I got up... Even If I checked it he'd keep knocking me down again. Incredibly frustrating.

When do you ever see a fight where both guys keep going down due to kicks and checked kicks and stuff? It's just weird and breaks immersion.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

EDIT: Just realised the video misses the first 2 rounds where he starts the leg kick war. Oh well. Hopefully the video gets my point across.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 02-08-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Leg Kick Wars.... A Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95

I'm the GSP with the blue gloves. This guy turned the fight into a leg kick war where we both kept getting knocked down by leg kicks and checked kicks. I wasn't checking the kicks earlier but the fact that fights can often go this way when one person has an injured leg is a bit messed up.

Also, when he was knocking me down and I got up... Even If I checked it he'd keep knocking me down again. Incredibly frustrating.

When do you ever see a fight where both guys keep going down due to kicks and checked kicks and stuff? It's just weird and breaks immersion.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?
Meh. Im actually ok with leg kicks because of their effectiveness. It's the only way to get a fight to the ground without the clinch. If you nerf them and guys don't throw them then you'll never get a fight to the ground anymore. I'm willing to trade that, even though yes, it looks bad.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

IMO it's only appearing unrealistic because people are trying to overuse it, thinking they'll get a cheap KD/ fight stoppage off of it. Personally I love baiting people into thinking they can TKO me with it, then start checking all of a sudden and watching them break their leg. At that point I have absolutely no qualms with going after their leg.

I'll post a vid of a recent fight I had in a little bit where the tide turned with the opponent trying to leg kick me a few too many times in the 2nd round while I was expecting it.

I think it's balanced. The users who are spamming it are the problem. i think we'd see less of this if more people checked kicks and/or switched stance when their leg takes a lot of damage.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Meh. Im actually ok with leg kicks because of their effectiveness. It's the only way to get a fight to the ground without the clinch. If you nerf them and guys don't throw them then you'll never get a fight to the ground anymore. I'm willing to trade that, even though yes, it looks bad.
I feel like getting the fight to the ground is pretty doable. Big Cee is in like the top 50 for a reason haha. Maybe it needs buffs in areas tho.

I like leg kicks being effective but there are certain things about them that should be tuned. Like the fact that the situation in that video is so possible is a problem imo. If my leg health is low but I check a kick... I dunno If I should still be getting knocked down. If it has to be that way... Something else is going to be needed for balance imo.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 02-08-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
Banned

The reason you dont see it in real life is cuz dudes will stop throwing leg kicks if checked right.

Plus in real life guys will switch stances if their lead leg is chewed. The ones that dont will get their leg kicked from under them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

IMO there shouldn't be bleedthrough in any low strike, be it to body or leg.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I was going to post this in the photo/video thread, but since this thread popped up...yeah.

I'm Hunt in the video. And that's an active knockdown KO at the end, btw - it wasn't the KD shot that put him out for good, it was the follow-up.

I've had a lot of fights like this. And a lot of them that start out with the opponent leg kicking me tend to end up the same way.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:25 PM   #8
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The reason you dont see it in real life is cuz dudes will stop throwing leg kicks if checked right.

Plus in real life guys will switch stances if their lead leg is chewed. The ones that dont will get their leg kicked from under them
Not necessarily if the other guy's leg is hurt too.

The sequences where we both keep getting dropped all over the place.... and sometimes at the same time is just stupid. It feels so much like a video game at that point haha.

I think the leg kicks are better than UFC 2. I just think something to stop these sequences happening would be nice.

Guys don't normally change stances permanently irl either. They'll switch and get hit again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »