Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #33
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The problem I have is that the constant negativity here gives people a false sense of how good the game actually is. Here is the long list of complaints currently on the front page:

- A problem with submissions.
- Body kick catching
- DJ's flying armbar
- What the heck GPD! (Which is actually a positive thread but the title reads like its a bad thing).
- KOs unsatisfying.
- Leg kicks are too good.
- Leg kicks arent good enough.
- Fighters dont retire in career mode.
- Multiple stamina threads.

Now some of these are legitimate. Some of these are complaints from people who havent played the game alot or learned the new controls. Some of them are complaints that effect very few players. Some are just opinions (I personally like the KOs in the game.)

If I was a person who doesnt come to this forum much and just wanted to check in on what the community likes about this game, I would think that this was one of the worst MMA games ever created based off of some of the titles of different threads and the constant negative posts.

Maybe I wrong though? Maybe I'm really enjoying this game but the majority of the community hates/dislikes this game and the forums are accurate.
I get what you're saying. I almost wish the sections we're broken down into general information/miscellaneous and then a sub section for complaints just to clean things up. I agree that the forum as it currently looks wouldn't be a great place for a random lurker trying to learn about the game.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #34
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The problem I have is that the constant negativity here gives people a false sense of how good the game actually is. Here is the long list of complaints currently on the front page:

- Body kick catching
- DJ's flying armbar
- What the heck GPD! (Which is actually a positive thread but the title reads like its a bad thing).
- KOs unsatisfying.

Now some of these are legitimate. Some of these are complaints from people who havent played the game alot or learned the new controls. Some of them are complaints that effect very few players. Some are just opinions (I personally like the KOs in the game.)

If I was a person who doesnt come to this forum much and just wanted to check in on what the community likes about this game, I would think that this was one of the worst MMA games ever created based off of some of the titles of different threads and the constant negative posts.

Maybe I wrong though? Maybe I'm really enjoying this game but the majority of the community hates/dislikes this game and the forums are accurate.
How many sports game that are released don't get criticised a ton? I wouldn't know as I'm not into sports games. I'd imagine most of them do. I know people have issues with Fifa every year anyway.

I also think that because the devs are listening... people are more likely to critique and ask for certain changes. I certainly wouldn't be on here just moaning about things if there wasn't a chance of the developers seeing it and considering doing something about it. This is also why so many devs don't interact with the people that buy their games though. It's tiring for them. Gotta respect those that do.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #35
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:

- Body kick catching
- DJ's flying armbar
- KOs unsatisfying.

That's my biggest problem here too (I know I said I wouldn't come back to this thread but I couldn't help myself).

My argument has always been that you want to appease the hard core fans because they will spread positive word of mouth on the game to people who respect their expert opinion on the genre.

So I fight hard to make the changes the hard core community wants (remember the calls to remove parries) and when we finally deliver a quality game (better than any previous in my opinion) that hits many of the the things the hard core community wanted (a community which is small compared to the rest of the broader consumer base), the community bad mouths the game at every opportunity.

So why try and target the hard core again? if they don't actually advocate for the game, but instead turn people away from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #36

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
How many sports game that are released don't get criticised a ton? I wouldn't know as I'm not into sports games. I'd imagine most of them do. I know people have issues with Fifa every year anyway.

I also think that because the devs are listening... people are more likely to critique and ask for certain changes. I certainly wouldn't be on here just moaning about things if there wasn't a chance of the developers seeing it and considering doing something about it. This is also why so many devs don't interact with the people that buy their games though. It's tiring for them. Gotta respect those that do.
It's not the criticism that bothers me.

It's the tone and the rhetoric that would make you think we delivered a virus onto your console.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #37
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

How is the hard core community supposed to spread the word? (Outside of the players with lots of followers)

Even though there is things I don't like I'm always talking up the game. Around these parts super positive threads don't get much action.

(I still can't believe people aren't talking up women's roster more)
Old 02-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #38

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
How is the hard core community supposed to spread the word? (Outside of the players with lots of followers)

Even though there is things I don't like I'm always talking up the game. Around these parts super positive threads don't get much action.

(I still can't believe people aren't talking up women's roster more)
I've read a few threads where people claim they told all their friends not to buy the game this year because it's garbage.

And like aholbert said, people wander into the forums, read that and get turned off as well.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95

I see a greater mix in the Show and NBA 2k forums. Still alot of negativity but you see threads like "The Little Things" that talk about all of the cool things in the game. None of that here. **** none of that in most EA game forums. It is what it is. They are held to a higher standard than most and many of the complaints are valid.

I also wish a little more thought went into the the "Hey GPD, fix ____" posts and threads. Half of them arent things that he's even over. His name on the forums is GAMEPLAYdevUFC but I've seen people yell at him because they havent updated Dustin Poirier's head.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #40
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It's not the criticism that bothers me.

It's the tone and the rhetoric that would make you think we delivered a virus onto your console.
Lol. I get that. I feel that's the minority though? Idk. I definitely think there is frustration with a lot of people and that comes through (me included sometimes). But I think this place is better at being reasonable and level headed than any other gaming community I've seen (although I haven't seen too many). Gamers are pretty whiny man. YouTube comments on gaming videos and the PS4 subreddit make me want to leave planet earth sometimes. Difference is they're whining to whine. I think a lot of people here are criticising/whining to make changes.

You're 100% right that the tone can be worked on though.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »