Home

It's jarring going from playing on PS4 Pro to Xbox One original

This is a discussion on It's jarring going from playing on PS4 Pro to Xbox One original within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It's jarring going from playing on PS4 Pro to Xbox One original

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I got it on the Xbox one x and I notice some input lag. Is that not on the PS4 pro?i know op try it on Xbox one hence I left Xbox one but got the X for the extra processor.
Honestly the only time when I'm playing it on PS4 that it feels any input lag is when I'm throwing kicks but they seem to almost have a wind up to them so I'm not necessarily sure it's input lag,seems more or less just the way the animation plays out. I'll let you know how it plays on XB1 compared to PS4 soon as I have a chance to play them side by side.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #10
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Ok,so I scored me an Xbox One X earlier for a price I couldn't refuse, and I've had a chance to play a few matches,and then go back to my PS4 version, and the One X definitely boosted the frame rate significantly. It's strange because under settings on the Xbox they give me the option of improved performance or resolution but doesn't offer me this on my PS4 Pro,even though the frame rate is obviously boosted significantly,leading me to believe it automatically does this unless hooked up to a 4K tv. Anyhow,they pretty much look and play identical now,still seems the PS4 controls are ever so slightly more responsive,but only ever so slightly. I swear I'm not biased,I own both systems 😎
Old 02-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #11
Banned

But the frame rate isnt boosted lol

It’s rendered at 60fps so it likely looks smoother but the frame rate is locked at 30 fps.

Im so confused
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #12
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Damn lol now I'm confused! So when you say it's 30 FPS rendered at 60 FPS is that similar to upscaling an image to 1080p as opposed to true 1080p?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
Damn lol now I'm confused! So when you say it's 30 FPS rendered at 60 FPS is that similar to upscaling an image to 1080p as opposed to true 1080p?
Im not 100% sure if the mechanics work the same. I just know that it’s not true 60 fps.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #14
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Im not 100% sure if the mechanics work the same. I just know that it’s not true 60 fps.
You are probably more knowledgeable on this than I am so I'll take your word on it. Only thing I know is this game looks so much better on Xbox One X/PS4 Pro than on the base models,at least from a frame fluidity standpoint. I couldn't tell you the exact FPS performance but it's very noticable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #15
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
So bro what system should I get ufc then i have it now on Xbox should I switch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #16
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
You are probably more knowledgeable on this than I am so I'll take your word on it. Only thing I know is this game looks so much better on Xbox One X/PS4 Pro than on the base models,at least from a frame fluidity standpoint. I couldn't tell you the exact FPS performance but it's very noticable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The game renders at 60, but the simulation and inputs are tied to 30 so there’s no advantage online. Either way it’s still really nice to have the added smoothness. I reckon it is a bit of a trick on the mind at points too because it does feel a taaaad more responsive even though the frame timings are the same, it is what it is I suppose. Still, love the smoother looking gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »