Home

Visual indicators

This is a discussion on Visual indicators within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: Visual indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Should also be what unranked is for.

A lot of us are adults with full time jobs and dont have time for couch co-op.
Yup i don't have that much time learning every clinch or grappling animation just to have fun playing online with my buddies or random online people.

THere are some positions that look very similar to either up and left or up and right and with input lag, that just kills it. Put the visual indicators for online, and all of us can have fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Visual indicators

Isn't high level play meant to be reserved for ranked tho? in unranked/quick fight it shouldn't be a matter of winning at all costs especially seeing as u matchup with everyone regardless of division, unless u just wanna smash low level players. It might be just me but i always assumed unranked was there to have fun and try things out and ranked was there to be competitive but it might be just me not being competitive enough
Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
Isn't high level play meant to be reserved for ranked tho? in unranked/quick fight it shouldn't be a matter of winning at all costs especially seeing as u matchup with everyone regardless of division, unless u just wanna smash low level players. It might be just me but i always assumed unranked was there to have fun and try things out and ranked was there to be competitive but it might be just me not being competitive enough
i agree sivo and i also think visual indicators for ranked games isn't a bad thing either as long as both parties agree to it.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:45 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I can co-sign on this. If people want to practice for ranked, they should have the option of turning the indicator off. I'd have no issue with this.

While this would create fewer potential opponents at higher levels, due to more filtering etc., I think the best solution for unranked online play would be to add this as a filter option, potentially. This may thin the pool of potential opponents online too much, but that's the best option, all else equal.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #45
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Visual indicators for Online

I vote that this should never grace online period. This should only be available as an option offline in playnow matches if anything beyond practice mode.

Man this would absolutely kill ranked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #46
Rookie

Re: Visual indicators for Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I vote that this should never grace online period. This should only be available as an option offline in playnow matches if anything beyond practice mode.

Man this would absolutely kill ranked.
How would this kill ranked if it was applied to unranked? Anybody who became reliant on this would get destroyed in ranked as it wouldnt be useable in there. And if someone requires this for unranked i am not worried about beating them as fakes will be more affective with the indicators on. Hell there is a GA meter in unranked and UT which no one complains about and isnt killing ranked. When ppl say this will destroy online why if it was only applied to unranked?

My experience of unranked is out of about 40 opponents(of which only 5 or so may have got me to the floor and then not for very long) and i may have played 6 people who where nearly as good or better than me. All the rest i can tell in the first 10 seconds or so that they couldnt compete, so i will practice headmovements until the opponent catches on and use the correct punch to counter or use overhand or flashy kicks for practice which thee gives the opponent more chances to ko me. I regularly beat 100 ovr cafs with 84 ovr fighters. So why wouldnt u give them a helping hand?

My logic behind all of this is why force ppl who may only spend 2 or 3 hours a week on the game to spend them hours learning ground game against ai when if this option could be implememented they could practice against real people while also learning the ground game and as i have said before, we need more online players and this could be a way of increasing the bleed thru from single player.

Yes this might increase the baseline for poor ground fighters but that is surely a good thing for everyone, better player means more competitive games. The biggest change would be in the clinch in unranked as this is the most difficult to pick up on the animations and this is also the most broken part of the game right now, so maybe that wont be a bad thing.

Last edited by Sivo; 02-20-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeganJacobs
i agree sivo and i also think visual indicators for ranked games isn't a bad thing either as long as both parties agree to it.
this could possibly be implemented but i just think it will be easier to get it into unranked in some form or another to begin with and after that we can start trying to persuade ppl that a mutually agreed one in ranked wouldnt be a bad idea
Old 02-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #48
Pro

Quote:
this could possibly be implemented but i just think it will be easier to get it into unranked in some form or another to begin with and after that we can start trying to persuade ppl that a mutually agreed one in ranked wouldnt be a bad idea
Im not in disagreement with you, necessarily, about including it on unranked. If it were up to me, and more people were (hypothetically) playing online, I would filter it out.

Here is the part I think you are overlooking. I'm not saying you have to agree with it, but it's a valid point to me, and I presume it is to others across the spectrum of skill (I'm terrible, and like some others on here, have just an hour or two a week to play):

Adding the indications to the grapple scenarios changes 'realism' attempted to be built into the mechanics. Most importantly, it moves the play toward something of an exercise in who's best at "Simon Says."

Though flawed, the developers did a pretty good job building grappling system based on movement, and something of a respectable set of controls with relevant inputs based on timing and situational recognition, as well as some elements of reward for successful pre-emptive and reactionary measures.

Main point isn't about more people getting better, or what's fair or any of that b.s... I don't want to play a game that has elements decided by a quick trigger finger based on reaction speed to an arrow that pops up on the screen.

Anyway, there is another viewpoint to consider. Whether you vehemently disagree with my extrapolation, and conclusion, I figured it was worth sharing, just so you could see an argument from someone who couldn't care less about winning, but rather, values the pre-text of what I believe (hope) is a relatively fair contest in which we aren't partaking in two different skill-challenges during the same contest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »