Home

issue with career mode on legendary

This is a discussion on issue with career mode on legendary within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
issue with career mode on legendary

Just started a career on legendary as a grappler and oh boy... I’m not one to complain about much, especially not even a week after release, but why doesn’t a stock grappler have proper takedowns? No judo throw or hip toss from clinch. No stopping power on the ground. I cherry picked my second fight in the wfa and fought someone with 59 grappling and they were able to stuff takedowns, deny transitions and arm trap with ease. I feel like an average joe who called themself a wrestler. After two fights where my fighter looks terrible I’m fighting for a UFC contract? Makes no sense and completely ruins my imersion.

I know it’ll get easier as the career goes on, but these first two fights were such a chore that it turned me off completely. This is especially upsetting when the trailer for career mode shows you destroying people with combos and submissions you won’t realistically have until later in your career.

I feel if the stock fighter styles had more variety to their move sets and if you were able to get your attributes higher faster at the start of your career, (due to you being young and fresh) and then have it slowly decline as you get older this wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: issue with career mode on legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel182x
Just started a career on legendary as a grappler and oh boy... I’m not one to complain about much, especially not even a week after release, but why doesn’t a stock grappler have proper takedowns? No judo throw or hip toss from clinch. No stopping power on the ground. I cherry picked my second fight in the wfa and fought someone with 59 grappling and they were able to stuff takedowns, deny transitions and arm trap with ease. I feel like an average joe who called themself a wrestler. After two fights where my fighter looks terrible I’m fighting for a UFC contract? Makes no sense and completely ruins my imersion.

I know it’ll get easier as the career goes on, but these first two fights were such a chore that it turned me off completely. This is especially upsetting when the trailer for career mode shows you destroying people with combos and submissions you won’t realistically have until later in your career.

I feel if the stock fighter styles had more variety to their move sets and if you were able to get your attributes higher faster at the start of your career, (due to you being young and fresh) and then have it slowly decline as you get older this wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I ran a career on legendary, but left it after breaking the top 10. I will add that I didn't restart any fight and took the losses as they came.

It didn't get any easier. By the time I got in the top 15 I was facing guys with 100 OVR which became almost insurmountable unless I fought like mayweather or GSP.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
I ran a career on legendary, but left it after breaking the top 10. I will add that I didn't restart any fight and took the losses as they came.

It didn't get any easier. By the time I got in the top 15 I was facing guys with 100 OVR which became almost insurmountable unless I fought like mayweather or GSP.

That sucks to hear to be honest. I beat career on pro as a striker and it was boring knocking people out within the first two rounds every fight. I wanted to immerse myself as a grappler and give people Khabib time but it seems like it’s going to take a while till I’m at that level in this career.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

It’s really hard to fight the AI in this game and go to decisions, You almost half the cheese the AI or the AI will cheese you.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I did my career as a wrestler too. As it got harder I ended up winning all my fights by taking opponents down, getting in side control, and finishing them with rapid fire elbows (side control elbows are OP IMO because the high speed players can throw them).

Overall, playing career as a grappler felt like I was looking at the wires behind the curtain, so to speak Doesn’t really seem like game devs wanted many people playing this game as grapplers, especially wrestlers.

I like your idea of having attributes earned fast early in career, and slowing as the fighter gets older.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I did my career as a wrestler too. As it got harder I ended up winning all my fights by taking opponents down, getting in side control, and finishing them with rapid fire elbows (side control elbows are OP IMO because the high speed players can throw them).

Overall, playing career as a grappler felt like I was looking at the wires behind the curtain, so to speak Doesn’t really seem like game devs wanted many people playing this game as grapplers, especially wrestlers.

I like your idea of having attributes earned fast early in career, and slowing as the fighter gets older.

I’ve been trying the side control method, but because this is early in my career and not having the stamina bar I gas out throwing rapid fire elbows to the point where my strikes barely do any damage. I have to lay and pray and hope that my opponent doesn’t land more sig. strikes than me. My first fight in I lost a decision when I had 10 mins of ground control in a 15 min fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »