Home

Dominick Cruz jab issues

This is a discussion on Dominick Cruz jab issues within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dominick Cruz jab issues

yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGYYoyM6FA4
Old 06-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #18
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theinterimkingpin
Dude what a great video! Very well put together. I would be interested in seeing more stuff from you my dude
Old 06-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theinterimkingpin

Good video but alot of those people you were fighting looked pretty low ranked, whats your psn?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #20
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Good video but alot of those people you were fighting looked pretty low ranked, whats your psn?
Low ranked or not it was still a good instructional video. I am sure some higher level guys can use some of those points and be killers with dom
Old 06-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Low ranked or not it was still a good instructional video. I am sure some higher level guys can use some of those points and be killers with dom
It matters alot because the reason dom is unusable specifically has to do with when you play high ranked players within a certain meta; and it has little to do with his unique style instead a fundamental flaw in his design.

For example, there’s a way you can use Stephen Thompson like his unique style with straight blasts, stance switch kicks and lead side kick agains a certain playerbase; and then theres a completely different way you have to play when you face guys like Unibot, swiss, preunited or most top 50 players, but Thompson still has a lot of those tools to be competitive in the meta

The problem with Cruz is that his style does poorly in the top metaplay unless you use him as a brawler/abuse his sways+stamina. His lack of a good jab means that vital pressure breaks like the jab lead hook, jab rear hook are much harder to pull off and as a result Dominick Cruz had a relatively easy check and a lot of the things mentioned in the video, while cool and interesting, become useless.

TJ Dillashaw is the best BW to play as right now, he beats cruz on many levels. This could be fixed by tying his jab to a modifier.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 06-22-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
It matters alot because the reason dom is unusable specifically has to do with when you play high ranked players within a certain meta; and it has little to do with his unique style instead a fundamental flaw in his design.

For example, there’s a way you can use Stephen Thompson like his unique style with straight blasts, stance switch kicks and lead side kick agains a certain playerbase; and then theres a completely different way you have to play when you face guys like Unibot, swiss, preunited or most top 50 players, but Thompson still has a lot of those tools to be competitive in the meta

The problem with Cruz is that his style does poorly in the top meta unless you use him as a brawler/abuse his sways+stamina. His lack of a good jab means that vital pressure breaks like the jab lead hook, jab rear hook are much harder to pull off and as a result Dominick Cruz had a relatively easy check in terms of meta play and a lot of the things mentioned in the video, while cool and interesting, become useless.

TJ Dillashaw is the best BW to play as right now, he beats cruz on many levels. This could be fixed by tying his jab to a modifier.
Ah I see. Yeah I don't play online so I am not an experts whatsoever. But it sounds like you guys have to deal with a lot of other variables
Old 06-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #23
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh they just need to tie Cruz sig jab to a modifier. But yes his lack of a true forward moving jab really does hurt him. Sucks cuz I likes using him in ufc 2, but the lack of the forward jab makes him hard to play.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:12 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Dude what a great video! Very well put together. I would be interested in seeing more stuff from you my dude
thanks, that means a lot

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »