Home

Suggestion:Addition of a simple Mechanic to reintroduce the free flow Stand-up combos

This is a discussion on Suggestion:Addition of a simple Mechanic to reintroduce the free flow Stand-up combos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Suggestion:Addition of a simple Mechanic to reintroduce the free flow Stand-up combos

I haven't left a lot of feedback about the game, as i didn't have a lot of time and i only got it on my hands this Tuesday.

A lot of people dislike the dropping of inputs + input lag on some strikes. Me included, but i am not completely on one side of the fence on that implementation. For the most part, i liked the idea of the sped-up of pre-existing combos in the beta, but i thought they needed some small improvements and i am not a fan of the post-beta patch that reduced the speed of classic combos like jab->kick to the head/body. I read the reasoning behind the nerf, but still, i'd love to see those sped-up combos return as it made the game so much more compeling and technical.

Right now, after the nerf of the sped-up combos, if you throw a jab,kick combo the opponent doesn't have to do any reads on you, they can see the kick coming and react and grab it/defend it, without any effort. In the beta however, you were giving out patterns, so when your opponent saw the jab, he was pre-defending his body, because he knew that kick was coming and it was so much more fun when those sped-up strike mechanics were in place than the current system.

__________________________________________________ _

With that out of the way...

Here is how i believe we can re-introduce the free-flow unscripted combos while also keeping the legit sped-up scripted combos in the game and have them be even more usefull.

Look Up Batman Arkham Knight's inputs implemented into it's fighting mechanics.(most likely the other batman games had this mechanic as well)

What that game's mechanics boiled down to:

-You input a strike

-As soon as the strike lands or reaches it's maximum range; you have a short window to input the next strike, so that it flows perfectly in a combo.

As a result, those who were just mashing the strike buttons in that game, instead of timing their inputs, right after their previous strike had landed, didn't get to perform good combos.

So what EA UFC 3 needs to do:

- Speed up current pre-existing combos.

- Add a new simple mechanic, where if someone wants to throw an unscripted combo, they have the ability to do so, if they are patient for their previous strike to land or reach it's maximum range, before they input the next one.

It currently works simillarly, but it works by accident. That actual mechanic is not in place and polished in the current EA UFC 3 mechanics. Which is why, free-flow combos are almost non-existant because of the lack of such an input based mechanic.

Aside from those implementations, i think that increasing the damage of all strikes + the cost of stamina would also improve the stand-up overall. Right now a lot of the strikes feel way too useless & powerful at the same time.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 02-11-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Suggestion:Addition of a simple Mechanic to reintroduce the free flow Stand-up co

"I disagree." (Shaub's voice)
Old 02-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Suggestion:Addition of a simple Mechanic to reintroduce the free flow Stand-up co

I think if you rock your opponent, all strikes should throw at near combo speed, whether its a preset combo or not. So basically you can just throw hands freely and make up your own combos if you rock an opponent. This sort of thing happens all the time in real life, fighters just unload all kinds of unorthodox combos when they hurt their opponent. Also this would make it easier to break blocks of a rocked opponent, which I know a lot of people are having problems with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »