Home

Why is ultimate team so unbalanced?

This is a discussion on Why is ultimate team so unbalanced? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is ultimate team so unbalanced?

I actually really enjoyed Ultimate Team in UFC 2, and assumed it would be similar this time around.

I don't understand how I can be extremely competent on the ground in ranked and quick match and have epic back and forth battles then play ultimate team and have the complete opposite experience. It's like my buttons stop working or don't ever register on the ground.

I did accidently pick gold mcgregor on day 1, so not a whole lot I can do until I get better packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

jdeckelmansr's Arena

Re: Why is ultimate team so unbalanced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
I actually really enjoyed Ultimate Team in UFC 2, and assumed it would be similar this time around.

I don't understand how I can be extremely competent on the ground in ranked and quick match and have epic back and forth battles then play ultimate team and have the complete opposite experience. It's like my buttons stop working or don't ever register on the ground.

I did accidently pick gold mcgregor on day 1, so not a whole lot I can do until I get better packs.
Yes, I agree. I also enjoyed UFC 2's UT. Matter of fact, that is all I really played. I enjoyed creating CAF's and building them from the ground up, with not limitations. The whole UT experience really felt organic with the game. UFC 3, on the other hand, feels like mobile game flooded with menus. And why do roster fighters all have the same fighting stances!? Limited move sets with chemistry stats? Who's idea was that? I have never heard a fighter say..."I throw a 1,2 because it has good chemistry". I could go on but I won't. All that UT needed, outside of the core game mechanics update, was perk balancing.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

1- Offline rewards being the same as online.

2- Cards giving negative points (so they have to give you more positive points).

3- Cards giving and taking away the same bundle of points for the same attributes.

Players farm offline a lot, because it's very inviting. Get a few cards of a special level 3, that give (a lot) and take the stats. And end up min-maxing some important stats to r*** their opponent on the ground.

I farmed offline only enough to fill all the move slots in a gold fighter. I didn't come even close to min-max anything and my OVR was 74, with a balanced CAF. Then I go online and the first person I fight has 100 Top Game and Submission Offense. Then I didn't play again.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
1- Offline rewards being the same as online.

2- Cards giving negative points (so they have to give you more positive points).

3- Cards giving and taking away the same bundle of points for the same attributes.

Players farm offline a lot, because it's very inviting. Get a few cards of a special level 3, that give (a lot) and take the stats. And end up min-maxing some important stats to r*** their opponent on the ground.

I farmed offline only enough to fill all the move slots in a gold fighter. I didn't come even close to min-max anything and my OVR was 74, with a balanced CAF. Then I go online and the first person I fight has 100 Top Game and Submission Offense. Then I didn't play again.
Not surprised
Old 02-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Having said all this, I still think it's more balanced than UFC 2's UT. Don't forget the infitine attribute cards. Here I am complaining about two stats being maxed out, where in UFC 2 it was more about the fighter being maxed ou or having full categories maxed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Having said all this, I still think it's more balanced than UFC 2's UT. Don't forget the infitine attribute cards. Here I am complaining about two stats being maxed out, where in UFC 2 it was more about the fighter being maxed ou or having full categories maxed out.
You should go back and play it more. It is not more balanced then UFC 2 by a long shot. Those two stat imbalances you experienced will be there no matter what you do. In UFC 2, it was just a matter of time until you could get them up, not in this game however.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Working as intended.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

My thread got closed here but this is my opinion - https://forums.operationsports.com/f...rrassment.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »