Home

Why Is This Position Neutral Striking Wise?

This is a discussion on Why Is This Position Neutral Striking Wise? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why Is This Position Neutral Striking Wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95

Balancing the position matters if it can be done easily. The little things should matter when the biggest game company in the world is creating a game. Why you gotta argue everything? lol

A lot of things are avoidable. I'm so sick and tired of people saying that. It's a complete straw man. "hey these striking exploits are avoidable by taking your opponent down!!".

The fighters being used doesn't make much of a difference, if at all (in terms of it being a neutral position), that I'm aware of.
I only argue when I disagree, say things I agree with and we'll argue less lol

I don't think this is an "exploit" at all. Running at someone, throwing a low kick and getting your knee hyper-extended is going to hurt a lot, and honestly, getting low kicked in the shin when you have no weight on the leg wouldn't hurt all that much (compared to knee hyper-extension). I also don't think you can call this a neutral position, because one fighter has all the control over how and when the exchanges happen and if the fight stays there for any extended period of time. If you mean neutral in terms of damage, sure, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

I only mentioned the fighters because Diaz is probably the most vulnerable to this, and McGregor or Barboza is probably the best person at doing it (at LW). Like, someone with higher leg health probably wouldn't have been in a health event, and someone with lower power might not have put Diaz in a health event.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I only argue when I disagree, say things I agree with and we'll argue less lol

I don't think this is an "exploit" at all. Running at someone, throwing a low kick and getting your knee hyper-extended is going to hurt a lot, and honestly, getting low kicked in the shin when you have no weight on the leg wouldn't hurt all that much (compared to knee hyper-extension). I also don't think you can call this a neutral position, because one fighter has all the control over how and when the exchanges happen and if the fight stays there for any extended period of time. If you mean neutral in terms of damage, sure, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

I only mentioned the fighters because Diaz is probably the most vulnerable to this, and McGregor or Barboza is probably the best person at doing it (at LW). Like, someone with higher leg health probably wouldn't have been in a health event, and someone with lower power might not have put Diaz in a health event.
You can put any fighter into a health event with a few kicks from this position. Which fighter being used is not relevant. I wasn't a powerful kicker in the video.

I didn't say that this specifically was an exploit. It's not.

The kicks register as the same as a standing leg kick. Same for the fighter delivering the kicks to the grounded opponent.

You're not just kicking shin in that position. It's neutral in terms of damage and the guy on his back can kick me very easily while I'm kicking him and do the same amount of damage. That's not realistic. You can say it isn't a problem but it's not realistic.

Seems you just like responding when you disagree with something I say but alright.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 02-13-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
MVP

Looks weird. It should be reduced damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »