Home

I ran a quick scoring logic experiment.

This is a discussion on I ran a quick scoring logic experiment. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #9
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I ran a quick scoring logic experiment.

Submissions should all have at least one gate where if they escape during that gate they end up in a dominant position. Scoring for subs should not count at all until they get to that gate. This would at least require a bit of risk on the part of the attacker, instead of just free points.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:06 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Fantastic work, mate!!!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #11
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
To the last gate --- or at least, get past a couple of gates before it counts for much on scorecard

Otherwise perhaps it just counts as 'control time'

"In Real Life" ---- if someone grabbed a Kimura, but didn't advance it at all for a couple minutes --- would judges give them tons of points? Or consider it more of a stall technique?

I'm not sure the answer haha

If you get someone into a sub, and it fails, you should probably get rewarded some, but definitely not a ton.

This video was interesting. I definitely had a feeling failed subs were very important to judges and it looks to be the case.

(Aren't the three judges also 'different' insofar as one of them really prefers Grappling; one Striking; and one is a blend? That's what it was in UFC 2 I believe I heard a dev state....same in UFC 3?)
It does depend on how close to finishing the submission the person is in relation to what type of scoring they would get for the attempt. The submission attempt without real progress is judged closely similar to how a takedown with no progression is judged.

It's completely off in the game but the scoring in the game is worse than just giving too much credit for submission attempts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
Rookie

It's not that hard deny submissions, so I think it's fine submissions score hight.

Right now I fough with Ronda Rousey against Cyborg. Ronda has 84 points on striking and he has not high kicks. So he has nothing to do against Cyborg standing up. I finally won because I get the takedowns and submissions attemps after eating a lot of shots.

So if you don't want to get so points sof submissions attemps then make submissions easier. My sense is in UFC 3 submissions are a lot of harder than in UFC 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »