Home

EA UFC 3 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Bugs/Glitches Thread

I think there's definitely an issue with the back flat postured up position. Say you're the guy on the bottom, with full stamina and almost full head health (haven't been getting rocked or anything), the guy postured up is losing stamina as he is striking and yet all it takes is a few punches even with you blocking to TKO you. And every transition out of that position is stopped by a strike. So you're basically screwed. You're getting hit by these weak, slow pidder padder shots, and get TKO'ed... def an issue.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:13 AM   #138
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Stamina drain on the Spinning Side Kick is wayyy too high, especially for how off the tracking is on that move. You would literally hit the tip of somebody's knuckles on the guard and lose 90% of your stamina.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:10 AM   #139
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
I think there's definitely an issue with the back flat postured up position. Say you're the guy on the bottom, with full stamina and almost full head health (haven't been getting rocked or anything), the guy postured up is losing stamina as he is striking and yet all it takes is a few punches even with you blocking to TKO you. And every transition out of that position is stopped by a strike. So you're basically screwed. You're getting hit by these weak, slow pidder padder shots, and get TKO'ed... def an issue.
Yes, a competent grappler can EASILY use backflat postured down to gas you, then posture up and finish you.very quickly.

Basically, the Dom player wants to only throw strikes that intercept and cancel the SUB fighters attempts to transition out.

Each strike counts as a Sig Strike, causes a large stamina drain to short and long term stamina.

You can either just lay and pray from here to quickly gas the opponent or posture up once they gas and go for a TKO.

How to escape!?:
It's not as hard as it sounds and requires patience, DO NOT attempt to transition without ATLEAST 50% GA advantage or you will be hit and your transition cancelled.

Essentially your either trying to get a large GA buff then escape to HG, or if you have backdoor escapes, buck back up to back mount. Rolling back to mount isn't advisable.

I don't think this position is broken, I think back mount flat should feel like one.of if not the most dangerous ground positions in game for the Sub player, which it somewhat does

However I wouldn't be adverse to another method of escape for the sub player either, from memory you can totally time a strike to cancel Sub fake attempts and stuff like that, its a breeze to keep the AI in back flat, for example.

It's a position you never want to be in, and once your in it, its almost too late, akin to real life.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:13 AM   #140
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Stamina drain on the Spinning Side Kick is wayyy too high, especially for how off the tracking is on that move. You would literally hit the tip of somebody's knuckles on the guard and lose 90% of your stamina.
All side kicks (except lead leg side kick) have stupid high whiff taxes.

Lead leg body side kick is probably my favourite kick in game, yet its obscenely easy to avoid and taxes more stamina than a whiffed advancing rear roundhouse kick..
Old 08-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #141
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Apparently when somebody puts their back to the point where it's almost going to go flat against the cage, they can shoot an uncounterable, undeniable takedown despite the other guy having GA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #142
Rookie

checking leg kicks doesn't always stop the second strike of a 2 piece combo from landing. Particularly the lead leg kick to overhand/looping cross. sometimes they kinda react, sometimes not at all.

Had it in multiple modes online/offline.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
All side kicks (except lead leg side kick) have stupid high whiff taxes.

Lead leg body side kick is probably my favourite kick in game, yet its obscenely easy to avoid and taxes more stamina than a whiffed advancing rear roundhouse kick..
the whiff tax on all kicks seems kinda crazy, only need to miss one roundhouse to the head, and even if they don't counter immediately, the recovery window for one kick becomes exceedingly long.

I wish the stamina tax had been applied across all execution instead of only a huge increase on whiffs. I had a fight against a garbrandt where he threw 196 strikes in round one, landed 54, but because i blocked a lot of them (he was very good at mixing up the strike angles making headmovement next to impossible) even though i threw 120 strikes and landed 62 there was barely a difference in our stamina by round 2 because he had 2 knockdowns.

Most spammers are in your face all the time, which means you'll end up blocking more strikes than evading against tough pressure fighters. At least it looks like we should be able to stay down during active KD's, that should help immensely.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
the whiff tax on all kicks seems kinda crazy, only need to miss one roundhouse to the head, and even if they don't counter immediately, the recovery window for one kick becomes exceedingly long.

I wish the stamina tax had been applied across all execution instead of only a huge increase on whiffs. I had a fight against a garbrandt where he threw 196 strikes in round one, landed 54, but because i blocked a lot of them (he was very good at mixing up the strike angles making headmovement next to impossible) even though i threw 120 strikes and landed 62 there was barely a difference in our stamina by round 2 because he had 2 knockdowns.

Most spammers are in your face all the time, which means you'll end up blocking more strikes than evading against tough pressure fighters. At least it looks like we should be able to stay down during active KD's, that should help immensely.

The stamina tax on the insane volume striking that the pressure fighter guys use, the ones where they're basically glued to your face, throwing 150 strikes a round, needs to be increased.

If you throw that many strikes in a single round your overall stamina should be way reduced by the next round. Right now it has basically zero impact.

Yet you get hit with 2 knees in the clinch and you're stamina drops 50%....

Stamina system is just all messed up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »