Home

Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change

This is a discussion on Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
There's like a 100 page thread on this. Please don't hijack this one and continue your exchange in that thread.

Man, once you get a pet peeve going you bite like a pit bull and don’t let go. This is “slight head movement” 2.0. I’ve quoted this comment because there are already multiple topics about this. Two of them already made by you. One of them merged because it was so similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #18
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change

Quote:
- You can't keep someone off you with a jab (or general outside fighting if you like) and footwork.
I disagree with this. The jab is really great in this game and has the perfect amount of stopping power.

Especially when you double it up at the right time. You can stop someone in their tracks.

However the thing with jabs/straights, is that they do not do full damage when they are thrown at close range. This is why when someone pressures you, you are kinda forced to through hooks and uppercuts. I don't have a problem with this though. Imagine if they buffed up the straight/jab at close distance too much.....people would spam the 1-2 all day and it would be worse than the hook/upper.

In order to fight on the outside against a constant pressure fighter, you have to first stand your ground and throw enough power shots to make them back up first.

I do think that when someone is coming forward holding block, their movement speed should be slowed down substantially. Because as it stands they can just keep coming forward hugging block and always be in your face. This is why you can't really create any space and fight on the outside against these guys. You pretty much have to stand your ground and make them move back.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 02-16-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #19
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Man, once you get a pet peeve going you bite like a pit bull and don’t let go. This is “slight head movement” 2.0. I’ve quoted this comment because there are already multiple topics about this. Two of them already made by you. One of them merged because it was so similar.
Bro. Literally remove yourself from my thread. There is one point out of multiple about "slight head movement". Go and do your daily reporting on the forum.

There aren't multiple topics about this. There's a thread I made asking if outside fighting can be done well because I didn't think it could. And I was right. Now I'm explaining why in detail.

Again, remove yourself from my thread if you don't like it and are here to nitpick and tell the mods to close threads and ban people. You're genuinely so annoying lol. Golden snitch.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Bro. Literally remove yourself from my thread. There is one point out of multiple about "slight head movement". Go and do your daily reporting on the forum.

There aren't multiple topics about this. There's a thread I made asking if outside fighting can be done well because I didn't think it could. And I was right. Now I'm explaining why in detail.

Again, remove yourself from my thread if you don't like it and are here to nitpick and tell the mods to close threads and ban people. You're genuinely so annoying lol. Golden snitch.
And i agreed and gave my opinions on why this is the case.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #21
Rookie

I think inside fighting should be a skill- its not right now.
Make it so holding r2 blocks straight punches and r2+r1 blocks curved punches
This way people wont be able to walk you down with high block cause they will be blasted quickly

Last edited by port913; 02-16-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #22
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I disagree with this. The jab is really great in this game and has the perfect amount of stopping power.

Especially when you double it up at the right time. You can stop someone in their tracks.

However the thing with jabs/straights, is that they do not do full damage when they are thrown at close range. This is why when someone pressures you, you are kinda forced to through hooks and uppercuts. I don't have a problem with this though. Imagine if they buffed up the straight/jab at close distance too much.....people would spam the 1-2 all day and it would be worse than the hook/upper.

In order to fight on the outside against a constant pressure fighter, you have to first stand your ground and throw enough power shots to make them back up first.

I do think that when someone is coming forward holding block, their movement speed should be slowed down substantially. Because as it stands they can just keep coming forward hugging block and always be in your face. This is why you can't really create any space and fight on the outside against these guys. You pretty have to stand your ground and make them move back.
This is fair. The jab feeling relatively useless as a tool to keep people away from you will probably disappear once other things are fixed.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:

I don’t know where I got this reputation from as someone who reports a lot, but you can ask any of the mods. I’ve probably reported something 5 times my whole time here. One of those was you, which I would gladly enjoy doing again should you ever step out of line.

Im sorry that people get mad when I point out the truth that they’re spamming the board or being obstructive or obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #24
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I had someone (a league-mate) use the jab very effectively against me to keep distance. So it IS possible but yea, the incentive isn't really there. We like to fight each other realistically so didn't do the 'dice roll game' as you call it lol but it was a rare fight for sure.

I've had a couple people use front kicks to keep distance against me but I still feel body kicks are underpowered and like you said, the risk of body kick is definitely not worth the reward
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »