Home

Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change

This is a discussion on Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Outside Fighting Is Very Bad And Things Need To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
ADD power to stand still shots.

Dont decrease anything except uppercuts lol
Better idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I think you're jumping the shark here, but your original suggestion was great. Decreasing power on strikes while moving is a good idea.

Ultimately, I think this system could be perfect. We just need to adjust and tweak in all the right places.
I think the system can become very good but far from perfect. Where do you think I'm jumping the shark exactly?

The physics and mechanics of the striking system simply don't make sense. Jab animation and length is completely off for most fighters, for example, and the system doesn't have any sort of way for you to really plant your feet to throw combinations.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #67
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
With all the emphasis on movement and footwork this year I'm baffled at the decision to make everyone walk forward and.backward/left and right at the same speed.. I really am.
You're only looking at half the equation.

If I'm wonderboy and I have you at kicking range and you start moving towards me, I want to retreat to maintain kicking range, not to create more space.

I know it's had some negative side effects, but there are just as many positives. They are just being overshadowed right now.

I've got some stuff int he works that I think will flip this whole topic on its head.

Don't give up on it quite yet.

I think the symptoms are much bigger than the problem.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:19 AM   #68
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
I think the system can become very good but far from perfect. Where do you think I'm jumping the shark exactly?

The physics and mechanics of the striking system simply don't make sense. Jab animation and length is completely off for most fighters, for example, and the system doesn't have any sort of way for you to really plant your feet to throw combinations.
It does if you let go of the left stick when throwing.

There are pretty big benefits in doing so.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:24 AM   #69
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
The biggest issue, which nobody seems to be talking about for some reason, is that people are throwing power punches while moving, constantly.

In real life, that doesn't happen. There are stepping and lunging strikes, sure, but when you're actually throwing power punches, especially in combinations, you're supposed to be PLANTING YOUR FEET! I'm not sure how the EA UFC gameplay devs didn't understand this. You're not supposed to be able to just be stepping forward constantly throwing hooks at proper power. They need to be SIGNIFICANTLY weaker while moving.
Ive said the same thing. Constantly moving while striking is not how fighting works. Its just not.

Youre supposed to find your way in, plant, throw, find your way out.

Like you said, you can hop in with a jab/straight, lead hook irl, but you rarely see guys running full ball at each other winging hooks and power punches. Because thats just not how physics work.

Power in your strikes comes from the energy transferring through a kinetic chain. A leaping strike doesnt have a kinetic chain, thus also has less power.

Forward lunging strikes like that also leave you wide open and vulnerable to counter strikes.

The way striking works in this game honestly makes no sense.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-17-2018, 12:31 AM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It does if you let go of the left stick when throwing.

There are pretty big benefits in doing so.
There's a pretty fundamental difference in standing still and actually planting your feet though.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:31 AM   #71
Rookie

A planted straight staggers a lot of people that walk forward on me throwing power shots, but only if I lunge to avoid strikes first and time the planted straight as hes winding up the next strike. Planted combos feel faster, crisper, and perfectly fine. If someone is walking you down just plant your feet and throw some combos, or back up at the same pace hes pushing you after a lunge, then he's reaching and you have time to react. Frustration is what gets people on here, but accepting the loss and learning from it would go miles further.

The only thing I feel would make sense in this situation is change the amount of advancing hooks you can do in a single combo to 2 or make the latter of the strikes cost much much more stamina to make them less prominent.

Last edited by SxxthPxw; 02-17-2018 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 12:35 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxxthPxw
A planted straight staggers a lot of people that walk forward on me throwing power shots, but only if I lunge to avoid strikes first and time the planted straight as hes winding up the next strike. Planted combos feel faster, crisper, and perfectly fine. If someone is walking you down just plant your feet and throw some combos, or back up at the same pace hes pushing you after a lunge, then he's reaching and you have time to react. Frustration is what gets people on here, but accepting the loss and learning from it would go miles further. The only thing I feel would make sense in this situation is change the amount of advancing hooks you can do in a single combo to 2 or make the latter of the strikes cost much much more stamina to make them less prominent.
I'm not just talking about this from a balance perspective, which you seem to be. I've got a pretty decent W-L and I by no means end up super frustrated at this game, it's mostly enjoyable with a bit of disappointment.

I'm talking about this from a reality perspective though. You will not see fights where fighters can throw power punches while moving forward, or sideways, the way it happens in the game. Why? Well, if you've ever trained you probably have the answer. Your power is coming from you planting your feet and rotating your hips, using your entire body. Nobody is generating power by sliding forwards throwing hooks in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »