Home

Floyd Mayweather Jr in the UFC

This is a discussion on Floyd Mayweather Jr in the UFC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #73
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr in the UFC

Bet you CM Punk could pull this off on Floyd

Old 02-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #74
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Floyd has never seen a spinning backfist either.

In all seriousness tho Cm Punk would take him down and finish him. Cm Punk has been doing MMA sparring for at least a couple years now (I think longer). He's also a decent athlete. Much bigger than Floyd. He walks at 200. Floyd walks at like 155. CM Punk is used to MMA by now. He's been training with killers for a while. He's obviously not going anywhere in the sport but he'd beat Floyd. I don't see how Floyd wins beyond a KO (which is also not very likely).

The fact that we're talking about this is amazing btw
Old 02-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #75
Rookie

amazing wat can change in a few years in mma. Would have been laughed out of the room if u talked about this type of stuff a few years back. Now anything can happen if the moneys right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #76
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95

Floyd has never seen a spinning backfist either.

In all seriousness tho Cm Punk would take him down and finish him. Cm Punk has been doing MMA sparring for at least a couple years now (I think longer). He's also a decent athlete. Much bigger than Floyd. He walks at 200. Floyd walks at like 155. CM Punk is used to MMA by now. He's been training with killers for a while. He's obviously not going anywhere in the sport but he'd beat Floyd. I don't see how Floyd wins beyond a KO (which is also not very likely).

The fact that we're talking about this is amazing btw
Im sure Mayweather would be favourite in that fight and if not i will bet big money on floyd to win.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #77
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

He probably would be the favourite. The odds for these hype circus kinds of fights never mean much tho. Casuals who don't know anything sway the odds.

I'm not saying thinking Floyd will win means you don't know anything as it's not unreasonable to think so. The thing is... CM Punk is a blue belt in BJJ. He's also much heavier than Floyd. If he gets on top it's definitely game over. So you'd be betting on CM Punk not being able to take Floyd down.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #78
MVP

Yeah Floyd is afraid of Punk
Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #79
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

All that looks like to me is CM Punk used some kind of voodoo **** to get Gall off him
Old 02-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #80
Banned

Floyd Mayweather Jr in the UFC

I can definitely see Mayweather decisioning a lower level MMA fighter who doesn't have a strong grappling base.

I picture round 1 starting, and Floyd taking the center of the octagon with supreme confidence. The opponent would tentatively try to close the distance and throw a leg kick... it would land, but Floyd would immediately counter with a straight punch to the body. His opponent would move around, pawing with the jab, but whenever they try committing with a kick, Floyd would land a punch to stay even on points. This trend would continue, with Floyd relying on his speed, and his opponent quickly becoming extremely uncomfortable.

His opponent would be nervous to reach for the clinch, fearful of the counter. If they did grab a hold of Floyd, he'd immediately frame well and keep his arms inside. The problem would be trips, but I'd imagine Floyd would neutralize the clinch with his framing, then disengage. He'd continue with this trend, remaining disciplined without taking risks, en route to a decision win.

He could probably win a lot of one sided decisions this way against lower level non-grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by The Relaxed Guy; 02-19-2018 at 12:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »