Home

Are the spinning side body kicks going to get fixed?

This is a discussion on Are the spinning side body kicks going to get fixed? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are the spinning side body kicks going to get fixed?

You might as well take these kicks out of the game. They take more stamina from your fighter than they do your opponent, even when you land them.

Fighting with good kickers is next to pointless in this game with the way they work and Bruce Lee is gassed after throwing and landing just three of these kicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Are the spinning side body kicks going to get fixed?

Regular side kicks to the body are bad too.. hit detection is off or something, and with the ridiculous stamina drain from missing one of these they are almost unusable
Old 02-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

Side kicks to the head dont land if the oppenet is moving slightly sideways, body side kicks have too long of a wideup and get caught to easily.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2388
Regular side kicks to the body are bad too.. hit detection is off or something, and with the ridiculous stamina drain from missing one of these they are almost unusable
it's kind of ridiculous that missing a side kick to the body drains more stamina than a flying knee
Old 02-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

This might be the best KO I've seen in the game so far.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAtkin05/s...75630243811333
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
This might be the best KO I've seen in the game so far.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAtkin05/s...75630243811333
Love using that combo machida is my go to because of his traditional combos back body side kick whiffed to lead head kick is a personal fav of mine but when the body kick lands the lead kick makes a funny animation like it resets instead of flowing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-19-2018, 05:08 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
You might as well take these kicks out of the game. They take more stamina from your fighter than they do your opponent, even when you land them.

Fighting with good kickers is next to pointless in this game with the way they work and Bruce Lee is gassed after throwing and landing just three of these kicks.
This is not the case. They build a stamina profit. They're only a bit worse than the roundhouse, for that.

I do think this kick and a few others deserve a little buff. When there are fewer more urgent things to fix, I hope I can request some very specific changes to the devs. For now, hang tight.

Also, it's important to set this kick up in a very different way to how you set things up for roundhouses. The straight kicks to the body, specially the side kick and spinning side kick, should be used when:

1- The opponent is likely to come straight forward, specilaly if he does so with a lean.

2- When the opponent is using stationary leans.

3- When he is moving straight back.

And these things usually require a measure of anticipation in your part, by identifying the incentives that will likely make the guy back straight up, for instance, such when they need to recover health or stamina, after an engagement. The big weakspot of these kicks is circling. It might betempting to throw them when the guy is against the cage, but that's a terrible idea, for that is when they're most likely to circle.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
This is not the case. They build a stamina profit. They're only a bit worse than the roundhouse, for that.

I do think this kick and a few others deserve a little buff. When there are fewer more urgent things to fix, I hope I can request some very specific changes to the devs. For now, hang tight.

Also, it's important to set this kick up in a very different way to how you set things up for roundhouses. The straight kicks to the body, specially the side kick and spinning side kick, should be used when:

1- The opponent is likely to come straight forward, specilaly if he does so with a lean.

2- When the opponent is using stationary leans.

3- When he is moving straight back.

And these things usually require a measure of anticipation in your part, by identifying the incentives that will likely make the guy back straight up, for instance, such when they need to recover health or stamina, after an engagement. The big weakspot of these kicks is circling. It might betempting to throw them when the guy is against the cage, but that's a terrible idea, for that is when they're most likely to circle.
I find this to be completely different in my experience. I did some good testing with this as I’m a big fan of a karate/taekwondo style fighter. I threw and LANDED clean 3 of these kicks in the exact scenarios you mentioned. (Mostly the tango dancers who walk straight at you) and my permanent stamina was down a good 2 inches, I had literally just thrown 3 of these kicks and took no body damage during this test while my opponents stamina had barely changed.

The damage they do is fine, even the stamina they take from the opponent is fine (could be slightly increased). But the stamina drain on you makes them simply unusable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »