Home

ground and pound is to week

This is a discussion on ground and pound is to week within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ground and pound is to week

the block is way to strong on the ground. it takes 6-7 strikes in mount just to break the block but then they just transition and by the time the animation for there transition is done the block meter is full again . it makes no sense for 3 jabs to be able to break someone block in the stand up but 5-6 hammer fist and a couple elbows on the ground do nothing but give the bottom person GA to be able to transition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
Banned

Re: ground and pound is to week

Mount is insanely strong right now

How come the back side position is so weak though? Punches literally do nothing from there. Even half guard shots to the body feel like they do nothing.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
MVP

Sorry but I don't agree. EA UFC2 was too strong. Now is more balanced compared with the stand up.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Its not as Good as in ufc2 for sure but most positions in dominant ground has been somewhat nerfed. I mean i dont even wanna know how many People if kod having their back in ufc2, this game its useless unless you done some serious work before

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I think mount is in pretty good shape tbh

I would like to see more damage from Knees to the Body in Side Control.

Would also like to see more damage/block break-down from back mount / backside --- those are pretty darn dangerous positions but it seems almost impossible to hurt someone unless you land like 8 strikes lol and if the opponent you are fighting is so bad they let you land 8 strikes, might as well just put them in mount.

But on the margin, against top 100 fighters, landing 3 or 4 strikes from those positions is a job well done and should be rewarded IMO

I'm just glad they fixed GnP from the Beta where it really WAS impossible to get a KO lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #6
Rookie

how is the mount OP? you can throw so may shots and still not break the block. now i was first in the beta to come here and say the double leg td was broken but come on the block on the ground is way to strong and anyone who thinks its not are the ones that dont like to grapple. i would love to test the full mount with anyone and see if you can finish me in the mount, i agree side control is broke becuse the grapple advantage dosent work there but for people to be able to block 7 hammerfist from full mount is not fair. if a jab jab overhand can break your block in stand up then why cant anyone break it in full mount
Old 02-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Back mount, and back flat feels crazy useless.

In UFC 2, I used to be able to time baby punches on their transitions, which would cancel their trans, and build up damage to their head, then I would posture and throw a few strikes for the KO, but in UFC 3, the baby punches from back flat do literally ZERO damage. Then once you poster, even with full stamina, you can only throw maybe 2 strikes before your completely gassed.

I don't think it's actually possible to get a finish from there anymore.

Feels totally and completely useless.

When in fact, it should be 1 of the most powerful positions in the game...

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
Pro

You’re joking right? GnP is the easiest thing to finish with. Mount, it takes 3-4 shots to break block. 2-3 more to end a fight. Add in delay inputs, arm traps being harder and being blocked from being able to even transition, or finishing a transition, being hit(hud completely 100% filled) and you dont transition? Many times Ive tried to arm tra, fail, then forced to eat 2-3 strikes while Im frozen. Same with blocking a strike, trying to instantly transition, hud fills, I get hit and my transition cancels.

Then go to half guard postured which can be crazy. Takes more strikes to finish, but they’re faster and I find you get locked out of transitions far easier, between interrupting trans with strikes or arm traps failing and again unable to do anything while they go ham on elbows... lol yeah GnP is seriously too weak

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »