Home

Ducks are overpowered

This is a discussion on Ducks are overpowered within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #25
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ducks are overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You have reactive head movement with the right stat gap. Online latency messes with it big time though so I certainly wouldn't want to pin the entire defensive meta on it.
I really can't comment on this because I'm not qualified to know how much it'd mess with it. You sure there's not a work around though? And it's not like tons of things aren't effected by latency anyway. Even head movement as it currently stands is effected. You may not be able to use it reactively but you can time it and go with a certain rhythm. Latency messes with that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #26
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I really can't comment on this because I'm not qualified to know how much it'd mess with it. You sure there's not a work around though? And it's not like tons of things aren't effected by latency anyway. Even head movement as it currently stands is effected. You may not be able to use it reactively but you can time it and go with a certain rhythm. Latency messes with that too.
It does but if you make the effective timing of successful slips a little big on the back end, it helps make up for it.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #27
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It does but if you make the effective timing of successful slips a little big on the back end, it helps make up for it.
Right. I see. What if you tone the evasive frames down just slightly and make it slightly easier to use reactively?
Old 02-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #28
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

I think a lot of our troubles are down to the lunges being too slow and laboured.

Too often after an exchange, you are froze in the pocket and get tagged.

Then there is the issue with players who rapidly flick RS as they move forward, to evade most of your strikes. Even uppercuts will miss as they are just constantly doing it so it makes it hard to land anything on them.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #29
Rookie

I really dont understand the issue with head movement... it is the absolute number 1 defense when avoiding strikes in real fights... you dont see it utilized in real life as much because it is a hard skill to master... most people dont have the reflexes and speed to use it at an elite level... i said this in another post where people were arguing that it should kill your stamina.. no it just shouldnt be as effective for fighters that have a lower head movement rating... the rating seems to not matter much at all... head movement is key to any good striking defense. Anyone can do it but in the game they have it so every fighter is in there looking like silva vs forrest... thats my problem. Damein maia shouldnt be in there able to move his head like anderson silva. Personally i think that the head movement rating itself isnt serving its purpose. Maybe limit the amount of consecutive head movements guys can do in a 3-5 second window and base it on there head movent rating... sure mcgregor and silva can slip 3-4 shots in a row but a guy like maia should only be able to slip 1 before he better get his hands up... just an idea...
Old 02-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #30
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettosu134408
I really dont understand the issue with head movement... it is the absolute number 1 defense when avoiding strikes in real fights... you dont see it utilized in real life as much because it is a hard skill to master... most people dont have the reflexes and speed to use it at an elite level... i said this in another post where people were arguing that it should kill your stamina.. no it just shouldnt be as effective for fighters that have a lower head movement rating... the rating seems to not matter much at all... head movement is key to any good striking defense. Anyone can do it but in the game they have it so every fighter is in there looking like silva vs forrest... thats my problem. Damein maia shouldnt be in there able to move his head like anderson silva. Personally i think that the head movement rating itself isnt serving its purpose. Maybe limit the amount of consecutive head movements guys can do in a 3-5 second window and base it on there head movent rating... sure mcgregor and silva can slip 3-4 shots in a row but a guy like maia should only be able to slip 1 before he better get his hands up... just an idea...
You got a video of Maia slipping 3/4 shots in a row? Unless you are using stationary head movement and playing against an idiot who is gassed and throwing punches... That's not possible.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:10 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
You got a video of Maia slipping 3/4 shots in a row? Unless you are using stationary head movement and playing against an idiot who is gassed and throwing punches... That's not possible.
It was just an example my dude... people have an issue with head movement spam... limit it based on the head movement rating... i dont use maia nor do many people... i used him as the example fighter because he isnt a defensive striker...

Heres a different example that's gonna get alot of front runners upset... jon jones shouldnt be able to slip punches either... he doesnt use head movement he uses range and kicks to keep his opponents from hitting him... gus pieced him up and wrecked his face because he is a lomger fighter like jones... dc dirty boxed jones very well on the inside... yet jon jones can slip punches like they are nothing in the game when in reality his head movement is average...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #32
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettosu134408
It was just an example my dude... people have an issue with head movement spam... limit it based on the head movement rating... i dont use maia nor do many people... i used him as the example fighter because he isnt a defensive striker...

Heres a different example that's gonna get alot of front runners upset... jon jones shouldnt be able to slip punches either... he doesnt use head movement he uses range and kicks to keep his opponents from hitting him... gus pieced him up and wrecked his face because he is a lomger fighter like jones... dc dirty boxed jones very well on the inside... yet jon jones can slip punches like they are nothing in the game when in reality his head movement is average...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You're not wrong. Pretty much the only head movement Jones uses is small slips to keep his head off the centre line (would still be great to see this in the next game). But even in the GIF below... His superior distance management does half the job.

Footwork should also be much easier to use for defence. I agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »