Home

PATCH thread!!!!!

This is a discussion on PATCH thread!!!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: PATCH thread!!!!!

We arent a even a month from release yet.

They typically release patches every 30-40 days.

You already have an idea of some of the things that are in the patch. If you want to know whats on the AI side all you need to do is search Skynet's past posts. You can do the same when it comes to gameplay by searching GPD's past posts.

The devs will likely start dropping hints once the patch has gone through 3rd party approval.

This entire thread is attention seeking behavior. You know a patch is coming. You know some of the things that are in the patch already. This thread has no real purpose.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

I've never really hated on EA, cause it's my choice if I buy a game or dont buy a game.

I did and it's not like I didn't know that EA patches unfinished games. It's what EA does. Is it good? Hell No. I would rather wait 6 more months for a finished game, but ranked is really pretty much frustrating. You are on a winning streak then you're facing 2-3 cheddar cheeseballs and ALL of your work is gone.

I have no problem losing against better players, but losing because of a broken game hurts. But I know that the devs are working on it... so be patient, Gentlemen.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Seems like the game was rushed out and not ready, because I can't believe for a moment that it was the product they wanted us to play.
The game wasnt rushed out. Lets say they pushed release back a month. the only bugs they wouldve likely been able to fix was the online one where they are positioned weird at the start of a fight. Maybe Skynet wouldve seen that the AI blocks low to well and maybe fixed that.

Pretty much every other bug was found through hundreds/thousands of hours of play by this and other communities and you cant discover those bugs until the game is released and everyone can play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The game wasnt rushed out. Lets say they pushed release back a month. the only bugs they wouldve likely been able to fix was the online one where they are positioned weird at the start of a fight. Maybe Skynet wouldve seen that the AI blocks low to well and maybe fixed that.

Pretty much every other bug was found through hundreds/thousands of hours of play by this and other communities and you cant discover those bugs until the game is released and everyone can play it.
Not talking about bugs, though I've seen plenty of graphical ones that I would have thought QC would have discovered long ago.

So you have a better explanation as to why the game, right out of the box, is a total mess when it comes to stamina/damage/knockdowns? And no, claiming the game needed to be released to find this stuff is not a valid explanation because the game was sold to us with the understanding that damage and stamina were different this time around, a lot different. I would think the people who made the game knew that being able to throw 400+ strikes every fight or go for 50+ takedowns was the polar opposite of what this community wanted.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #13
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Not talking about bugs, though I've seen plenty of graphical ones that I would have thought QC would have discovered long ago.

So you have a better explanation as to why the game, right out of the box, is a total mess when it comes to stamina/damage/knockdowns? And no, claiming the game needed to be released to find this stuff is not a valid explanation because the game was sold to us with the understanding that damage and stamina were different this time around, a lot different. I would think the people who made the game knew that being able to throw 400+ strikes every fight or go for 50+ takedowns was the polar opposite of what this community wanted.
How about this for an explanation.

The game is not a total mess, and it's better than any previous iteration at launch.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

I dont believe its a consensus that the game is a "mess when it comes to stamina/damage/knockdowns". You may feel that way. Others may agree but its not universally agreed upon that its an issue.

We dont need to use hyperbole to make a point. I dont regularly see people going for 50 plus takedowns. I'm not regularly seeing 400 plus strike 3 round fights. Maybe its because I have a defensive counter style that discourages people from doing that.

Also damage and stamina are different than UFC2. Anyone with eyes can see that. The ways that you can drain stamina from missed strikes and body damage isnt as severe in UFC 2 as it is in UFC 3. The damage from vulnerability didnt exist like this in UFC 2.

Now you may think more needs to be done. Thats fine. But in order to determine how far they need to go, the community has to play the game. The QC team may have liked where stamina and damage were in the release version. The community isnt the QC team. So the only way to determine what the community wants is for the community to play it.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
How about this for an explanation.

The game is not a total mess, and it's better than any previous iteration at launch.
So this is what you think a simulation of a sport is?

And I didn't call the game a total mess. I called an area of it a total mess. And it is a total mess, no matter what white knight tries to tell you otherwise.

Last edited by godway; 02-22-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont believe its a consensus that the game is a "mess when it comes to stamina/damage/knockdowns". You may feel that way. Others may agree but its not universally agreed upon that its an issue.

We dont need to use hyperbole to make a point. I dont regularly see people going for 50 plus takedowns. I'm not regularly seeing 400 plus strike 3 round fights. Maybe its because I have a defensive counter style that discourages people from doing that.

Also damage and stamina are different than UFC2. Anyone with eyes can see that. The ways that you can drain stamina from missed strikes and body damage isnt as severe in UFC 2 as it is in UFC 3. The damage from vulnerability didnt exist like this in UFC 2.

Now you may think more needs to be done. Thats fine. But in order to determine how far they need to go, the community has to play the game. The QC team may have liked where stamina and damage were in the release version. The community isnt the QC team. So the only way to determine what the community wants is for the community to play it.
Play 5 rounds and it's pretty regular to see ridiculous numbers of everything. Including knockdowns. If it happened every now and then it's obviously forgivable, since it isn't like there isn't some kind of record-breaking performance in UFC every year at some point. But it can happen in practically every fight you have if it goes 5 rounds.

Most 3 round fights I have against AI is somewhere between 200-300 strikes thrown. Against grapplers usually around 15-20 takedowns attempted.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »