Home

I want "Prime" versions of fighters in the game

This is a discussion on I want "Prime" versions of fighters in the game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I want "Prime" versions of fighters in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
GSP is an active fighter who just won the middleweight championship.

As I said before, people say they want prime fighters until they go online and start complaining that they are "OP" and everyone is only using those prime fighters.
So no different to now then? People use the same fighters over and over in ranked. With more usable fighters then this would improve massively.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
So no different to now then? People use the same fighters over and over in ranked. With more usable fighters then this would improve massively.
I'm not seeing the same people at level 4. I played a bunch of games at LHW last nights and I saw Gus, DC, AJ, Rampage, Liddell, Volkan and Jones. Thats way more variety than I ever saw in UFC 2. Part of the reason is because the stats we did are realistic and a bit balanced so that there is a path to win for most if not all of the fighters.

If I created stats for a prime Silva (pre-Sonnen), he would be OP. His striking would be otherwordly, clinch incredibly strong and takedown defense would be really good. That would be wrong for multiple reasons. 1) Later fights showed that his takedown defense is average. 2)The comp he faced (Leites, Maia, Cote, Irvin, Lutter) wasnt exactly top class.

Just my take though. I doubt that this will likely change for UFC 3 though.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
I'm not seeing the same people at level 4. I played a bunch of games at LHW last nights and I saw Gus, DC, AJ, Rampage, Liddell, Volkan and Jones. Thats way more variety than I ever saw in UFC 2. Part of the reason is because the stats we did are realistic and a bit balanced so that there is a path to win for most if not all of the fighters.

If I created stats for a prime Silva (pre-Sonnen), he would be OP. His striking would be otherwordly, clinch incredibly strong and takedown defense would be really good. That would be wrong for multiple reasons. 1) Later fights showed that his takedown defense is average. 2)The comp he faced (Leites, Maia, Cote, Irvin, Lutter) wasnt exactly top class.

This is the main issue. Other than GSP and DJ, the other legends have a lot of fights where they looked super flawed in some areas, meaning fans will disagree where their imaginary prime ended.

GSP just left hooked and choked out Bisping after a 4 year hiatus, and you can say what you want about Bisping but he's never an easy fight for anybody and he KO'd rockhold, so GSP deserves the stats he has.

Btw, why don't they announce him as the former MW Champion in game ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
GSP didn't look good winning the MW title. He looked okay but yeah. I don't think scraping a win against Bisping should get you those stats (and that fight is all we have to judge him by in the last half decade). And it wasn't talked about much but Bisping was turning the tide in that fight. I think if GSP doesn't get the knockdown when he did... Bisping would have went on to win. GSP was gassing and looking slow. Wasn't having success with top control either. Just got elbowed into oblivion.

As far as fighters having prime stats... It's not a good idea. Reason being is it's not just that the fighters are no longer in their prime... It's that the competition is much better and improved. I don't want a basic fighter that used to be good messing up someone like Cody Garbrandt.
I dont know how you judge him then. Should we base his stats solely on 2 1/2 rounds of a fight that he won and looked great in the first round? Should we ignore the run he was on before he retired?

Also keep in mind that we did his stats before the Bisping fight but even if it was done after I wouldnt change much about them. Probably would lower his strike speed and some of his stamina stats but not much else.

This isnt like Silva and Penn where we have multiple fights where we were able to see their decline. We just have 2 1/2 rounds for GSP.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
This is the main issue. Other than GSP and DJ, the other legends have a lot of fights where they looked super flawed in some areas, meaning fans will disagree where their imaginary prime ended.

GSP just left hooked and choked out Bisping after a 4 year hiatus, and you can say what you want about Bisping but he's never an easy fight for anybody and he KO'd rockhold, so GSP deserves the stats he has.

Btw, why don't they announce him as the former MW Champion in game ?
Probably dont have the audio. Buffer hasnt ever announced him as a former MW champion. They probably could pull audio from other fighters and use it but I dont know if thats a priority.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #14
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
I dont know how you judge him then. Should we base his stats solely on 2 1/2 rounds of a fight that he won and looked great in the first round? Should we ignore the run he was on before he retired?

Also keep in mind that we did his stats before the Bisping fight but even if it was done after I wouldnt change much about them. Probably would lower his strike speed and some of his stamina stats but not much else.

This isnt like Silva and Penn where we have multiple fights where we were able to see their decline. We just have 2 1/2 rounds for GSP.
I know. which is why you don't lower his stats too much. He shouldn't have prime GSP stats though. Which is absolutely what he has. He's the best fighter at WW.

Look at where the guys he beat are now. I mean Hendricks has terrible stats in the game lol. He's like 85 for striking and he beat the **** out of GSP and imo won that fight (and I love... love love GSP). Was close but yeah. He did more damage.

None of the guys GSP beat are relevant now. They're all on declines.

To be clear.. I think GSP should have real solid stats but just not the best in the division. It's disrespectful to Tyron. It's a new era now. GSP had his time. He'd still obviously be highly competitive but there's no way he'd stay at the top of the WW division imo.

This doesn't bother me that much... I'm just saying I think it's off.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

It’s not about making them OP, sure all of the ‘legends’ could do with the skilled stats being a couple points higher but the main issue is the stamina. They all have terrible stamina.

For example, every time I fight an Anderson Silva I know it’s an easy win, just kill his stamina early and pick him off. It shouldn’t feel like that fighting one of the best to ever do it.

I honestly don’t think you would see anyone complaining about these ‘legends’ having improved stats (not OP, just improved from current levels) as it gives us more fighters to be competitive with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
To be clear.. I think GSP should have real solid stats but just not the best in the division. It's disrespectful to Tyron. It's a new era now. GSP had his time. He'd still obviously be highly competitive but there's no way he'd stay at the top of the WW division imo.

This doesn't bother me that much... I'm just saying I think it's off.
I'd pick GSP to beat Woodley tbh, I think it's a horrendous matchup for Woodley. But I also hate Woodley (as a fighter, seems like a good dude)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »