Home

Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help)

This is a discussion on Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #9
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help)

lol that's Big Cee
Old 02-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Ducking takedown is the only way to get the single leg to be even semi viable at the moment and it comes with a ton of risk. I see no problem. Also it rarely ever actually inputs for some reason.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Ducking takedown is the only way to get the single leg to be even semi viable at the moment and it comes with a ton of risk. I see no problem. Also it rarely ever actually inputs for some reason.
You're right that the ducking take down is the only way to get a single leg, it's also the most effective way to get a single leg that you don't even need to bother shooting a straight single leg at this moment, there's also the double leg that covers so much range it's stupid. I should be able to sprawl easier if my opponent is shooting a double leg from across the planet.

Ducking doesn't make the single leg semi-viable, with this player it worked every time. If he had ducked under an overhand or a hook, then yeah I'd have no problem with the ducking take down, but the fact of the matter is that you can duck for absolutely no reason and it DRAMATICALLY increases your TD success rate. Maybe the input doesn't work for you, but it most certainly works for this player. In UFC 2 my take down defence was excellent, in this game I am being taken down at will and I can't do anything about it.

You say it comes with a ton of risk. I suppose I could stop it with an uppercut or a knee, but only to get a rock, possibly a flash KO. If you look at this player's record you would see that it's not risky at all for him. He experiences more success doing it over and over again without being penalized enough for it. So much for it being a "risk." It's unstoppable, pretty sure I'm not the only one who agrees about this, watch Martial Mind's videos and he says the same.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-24-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
You're right that the ducking take down is the only way to get a single leg, it's also the most effective way to get a single leg that you don't even need to bother shooting a straight single leg at this moment, there's also the double leg that covers so much range it's stupid. I should be able to sprawl easier if my opponent is shooting a double leg from across the planet.

Ducking doesn't make the single leg semi-viable, with this player it worked every time. If he had ducked under an overhand or a hook, then yeah I'd have no problem with the ducking take down, but the fact of the matter is that you can duck for absolutely no reason and it DRAMATICALLY increases your TD success rate. Maybe the input doesn't work for you, but it most certainly works for this player.

You say it comes with a ton of risk. I suppose I could stop it with an uppercut or a knee, but only to get a rock, possibly a flash KO. If you look at this player's record you would see that it's not risky at all for him. He experiences more success doing it over and over again without being penalized enough for it. So much for it being a "risk." It's unstoppable, pretty sure I'm not the only one who agrees about this, watch Martial Mind's videos and he says the same.
I mean, in the video in the OP, he got you against the cage, and then completed a takedown from the clinch.

You literally could have stopped it.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
I mean, in the video in the OP, he got you against the cage, and then completed a takedown from the clinch.

You literally could have stopped it.
Yeah the take down against the fence was legit, that was my fault and I panicked against this guy lol. That's not the highlight of the video as I should have cut it before that point. My point is to show not only how ridiculous it looks but how incredibly effective it is. But yes, this player had me back peddling scared as hell to close the distance.

Honestly, I encourage anybody to play against him and report back to me. It's not the same if you hear it from me. You actually have to play this guy to see the problem.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #14
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Yeah the take down against the fence was legit, that was my fault and I panicked against this guy lol. That's not the highlight of the video as I should have cut it before that point. My point is to show not only how ridiculous it looks but how incredibly effective it is. But yes, this player had me back peddling scared as hell to close the distance.

Honestly, I encourage anybody to play against him and report back to me. It's not the same if you hear it from me. You actually have to play this guy to see the problem.
I'd imagine it's a problem. Big Cee is number 1 in the world currently and he's the only guy that uses Maia and is successful with the single leg. That's not because he's out of this world talented.... He's likely figured some kind of BS out. Because nobody ever gets a single leg against me.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, I mean look, I'm not arguing with the actual facts, because there are a TON of issues with the takedown game right now. I just think the video was a really bad example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
Yeah, I mean look, I'm not arguing with the actual facts, because there are a TON of issues with the takedown game right now. I just think the video was a really bad example.
Fair enough, really I should have recorded the first round because he was doing it a lot and taking me down without issue. By the second round I had pretty much checked out and figured there was nothing I could do about it because he was so successful at it. But the actual fact is the ducking for no reason looks stupid and should not allow people to shoot for undeniable take downs. While I may not have shown the ducking take down being implemented in this video, I did manage to capture my opponent constantly ducking for the take down in the centre of the cage for no reason just to initiate the take down. It looks stupid and I've never seen it in real MMA.

I don't know what your rank is, if you're an offline player, a quick fight player or UT player. I can only say that in order for you to truly understand you would have to face this player who uses Maia or a spammy take down GSP player, maybe then you will see what is truly wrong with the ducking take downs in this game lol.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-24-2018 at 09:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »