Home

Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help)

This is a discussion on Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
There's nothing wrong with the ducking takedown. It's suppose to give you a grapple advantage by ducking down. If this is removed from single legs for example they'll be completely unviable (as if they aren't already).

When I fight Bigg Cee I just sit on takedown denials and force him to strike where he's an easy out. It can be done without issue.

Now someone shooting doubles is a different story, but I recommend the counter takedown submissions. I usually sub people with these or get close enough to where they don't want to do that anymore.
You seem to be alone on this one bro. The ducking single leg is straight up cheese. I don't want to be forced to hold pre-deny the whole time, if I see the take down coming I want to deny it based off of reaction and timing, pressing R2 + down when I see the duck and single leg coming, which rarely works right now.

It's like you're worried that I'm trying to make the single leg completely useless, this is absolutely not the case. The regular single leg needs a buff. If I throw an over hand or a hook and you duck under, make me miss, and THEN shoot for the single, then all the power to you man, you got me down fair and square. However, if you're just going to duck the whole time - which looks completely ridiculous and unrealistic - so you can spike your take down success rate significantly and score that automatic take down when I just pressed R2 + down on time, then you just got yourself a free take down.

At the moment, the ducking BS is unstoppable and I see it as an exploit. Look at the top leader boards, it's GSP city. I went to HW to escape the cheesers and was exposed to the Cain ducking take down cheesers lol. They are every where!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #42
Rookie

I'm equally as frustrated by how impossible takedowns are. I duck over and over trying to take advantage of the grapple meter, but when I go for a TD I just stand there like a ****ing moron waiting to get smashed because the game simply won't recognize the input.

People take me down from 20 freakin ft away while I'm waiting for it, with the meter filling up so quickly it barely displays. Meanwhile, if the input works at all for me, my guy bends over and looks like he's trying to grab his own toes. If I somehow manage to do this close enough without getting my head knocked off, the meter takes 3 full secs to fill up even though they just whiffed on a headkick and have 1/3 stamina.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #43
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
You seem to be alone on this one bro. The ducking single leg is straight up cheese. I don't want to be forced to hold pre-deny the whole time, if I see the take down coming I want to deny it based off of reaction and timing, pressing R2 + down when I see the duck and single leg coming, which rarely works right now.

It's like you're worried that I'm trying to make the single leg completely useless, this is absolutely not the case. The regular single leg needs a buff. If I throw an over hand or a hook and you duck under, make me miss, and THEN shoot for the single, then all the power to you man, you got me down fair and square. However, if you're just going to duck the whole time - which looks completely ridiculous and unrealistic - so you can spike your take down success rate significantly and score that automatic take down when I just pressed R2 + down on time, then you just got yourself a free take down.

At the moment, the ducking BS is unstoppable and I see it as an exploit. Look at the top leader boards, it's GSP city. I went to HW to escape the cheesers and was exposed to the Cain ducking take down cheesers lol. They are every where!!!
Idk personally I love it as I get subs all day on people that shoot on me and am no slouch on my back if I don't land the sub.

Whenever I see an opponent ducking I just lick my chops as I know I'm about to sub them.

Could be wrong though as this is just my experience.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 02-25-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Idk personally I love it as I get subs all day on people that shoot on me and am no slouch on my back if I don't land the sub.

Whenever I see an opponent ducking I just lick my chops as I know I'm about to sub them.

Could be wrong though as this is just my experience.
I suppose if you are using a black belt fighter then yeah subs are viable when someone is going for a take down, but if you're using a striker or brawler with not-so-good jiu-jitsu against the likes of Maia then a submission is much harder to get. The demi-god GSP's don't have a problem with denying pretty much everything you do on the ground, and any time a transition is denied it saps a large percentage of your stamina. You're basically screwed using a striker on the ground with GSP on top of you, transitions are slow as hell.

I don't understand how all the fighters of this game are considered as having an equal fighting chance due to vulnerability, so that guys like CM Punk can have Mike Tyson power in their hands, but leave the ground game the same based on stat advantages where the disparity becomes so glaringly obvious that players are still choosing the likes of GSP, Khabib, and Cain just to get easy wins and climb the ranks.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-25-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
Devs are aware tho. I've talked with them about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
So the devs have to intergrate striking and grappling better if they change this. You literally can’t set up takedowns as it stands right now. Not saying you should have to pre-deny but if it wasn’t for this there would be no takedowns in high level play as it stands right now.

If this and the double leg is changed, with clinch how it is now, there wouldn't really be any way to take the fight to the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
If this and the double leg is changed, with clinch how it is now, there wouldn't really be any way to take the fight to the ground.
I agree but as it is the ducking double/single is impossible to defend. Take downs should have a logic behind them, like taking someone down after they miss several strikes in a row. Somebody spamming hooks and not paying attention to their stamina should be easy to take down. As it stands, the simple action of ducking and going for a take down makes it impossible to defend based off of reaction and timing.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-25-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:54 AM   #47
Rookie

I understand some of the complaints here but the bottom line is you are losing to GSP, Khabib and Cains. Two are in consideration for GOAT and one is 25-0. They are supposed to be beasts.

The bottom line is if you are in a high division you need to choose a fighter that can keep up off his back. If I ever fight lightweight, I’ll choose Ferg as he is the only one who can deal with Khabib. Heavyweight I’ll choose Werdum or Nog as they can deal with Cain. Welterweight I’ll choose Woodley to deal with GSP.

It’s not ideal but if you are really that bothered about your wins, then that’s what to do right now. Or play quick games if you don’t like the ground game.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #48
Rookie

The takedown should be more realistic.

For example. How is possible to stop this takedown attemp?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »