Home

The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

This is a discussion on The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #105
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
For the purposes of realism, which would be more realistic?

Simple combos being harder to input, or more complex combos beiing harder to input?

For the purposes of realism, how long does it take someone training kickboxing to learn to throw a technically solid 1-2 combo, versus a technically solid roundhouse to wheel kick combo?

Why should a players experience learning to play the game be radically different from the experience of learning the techniques in real life? In relative terms. If we're talking realism.
Realism? What I'm seeing in a lot of fights online is people throwing the exact same 4-piece combo over, and over, and over, and over, and basically doing nothing else, and if one strike from that combo hits you, you're stunned and can't throw counters.

Is that realistic?

The way combos are currently implemented, they don't provide efficiency, they effectively nerf single strikes to the point of being useless, which is completely insane. Hooks and body kicks take way too long to animate. There's not much of a debate here.

Last edited by Nekrotik; 02-27-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #106
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
Realism? What I'm seeing in a lot of fights online is people throwing the exact same 4-piece combo over, and over, and over, and over, and basically doing nothing else, and if one strike from that combo hits you, you're stunned and can't throw counters.

Is that realistic?

The way combos are currently implemented, they don't provide efficiency, they effectively nerf single strikes to the point of being useless, which is completely insane. Hooks and body kicks take way too long to animate. There's not much of a debate here.

I don’t find this to be true at all. Especially when it comes to counters. I’ve been able to rock and ko people with single strike straights and Kos.

In fact I’ve been more effective countering people’s predictable counters with 1 or 2 punch strikes than with firing back 4 piece combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by aholbert32; 02-27-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #107
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Question Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Because there's a pause. It's chaining multiple 2/3/4 strike combos fluidly, which you can totally do in game. And it's not particularly difficult.

And you're saying the control scheme is a cop out, but you want to make the most common and basic inputs the simplest, and the less common and more advanced inputs the more complex, when simple across the board is not an option.

I don't know how you could possibly argue with that philosophy.

And the rolling with the punches thing is not a cop out either. It's intentional.

Just because you don't agree or don't like it doesn't mean it's me making excuses.
i mentioned in a post before in the practice mode it would be a little bit easier to learn the combos if we could have a list of the selected players combos just on the left or right of the screen and also have the option to turn off stamina drain in practive so we dont have to exit to the side menu each time to check a new combo input and also we wont have to restart to refill the stamina bar would this be possible?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #108
Rookie

Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Swaying shouldn't be nerfed, spamming this does tax on stamina doesn't it?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #109
Rookie

It's good to know that even the safest punch in the game has a counter but shouldn't it be easier to just block or sway after the jab lands or not without good stats backing it up.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:56 PM   #110
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'm actually thinking about trying it, but I know nothing about them. Would be fantastic if someone could talk me out of it. Having square+x and triangle+circle mapped to buttons sounds to good to be true.
Dont buy it.
Its does not support macros
Buy Nacon revolution V1 (not V2) - it is cheap and costs 80$
Old 02-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #111
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Dont buy it.
Its does not support macros
Buy Nacon revolution V1 (not V2) - it is cheap and costs 80$
I've heard many people say the macros are very unreliable tho and often don't work?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »