Home

The clinch should be easier to achieve than takedowns

This is a discussion on The clinch should be easier to achieve than takedowns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The clinch should be easier to achieve than takedowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats because of the takedown input lag but thats likely to be fixed once the patch comes.

The input lag is definitely a big part of it. That said, I don’t think it would hurt to speed up the clinch engagement animation (maybe just for fighters with high core clinch). Takedown speed seems much faster, plus the longer range for fighters with higher takedown skills, seems to make shooting more reward for less risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2018, 05:49 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Just to clarify, are yall talking about not being able to buffer inputs for the grapple entries (clinch or TD)? IF so, I'd say that is not actually a matter of input lag. It's about th einputs being swallowed. Its effect is similar to input lag, though, because you end up neeing to wait a bit past your recovery, to make sure the input won't be swallowed. It delays your action much like actual input lag. And yes, hopefully it will be fixed soon. It's serious issue.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Just to clarify, are yall talking about not being able to buffer inputs for the grapple entries (clinch or TD)? IF so, I'd say that is not actually a matter of input lag. It's about th einputs being swallowed. Its effect is similar to input lag, though, because you end up neeing to wait a bit past your recovery, to make sure the input won't be swallowed. It delays your action much like actual input lag. And yes, hopefully it will be fixed soon. It's serious issue.

I actually didn’t know about buffering inputs for clinch/grapple entries.

This post was originally about how the clinch entry engagement (when compared to takedowns, has shorter range, slower movement, and higher vulnerability to interrupting strikes) seems more difficult than it should be.

I knew the striking to grappling input lag would help the issue once fixed, but I was also wanting a new clinch entry animation - either faster or more similar to takedowns - that would make it easier to engage in the clinch than atm.

That said, I’m glad to hear they’re looking into fixing both input lag and input buffer. That will definitely be a step in the right direction.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #12
MVP

Its Funny cuz i think its easy to archive... theres the takedown glitch...but when they fix Will be the cheese heaven again
Old 02-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I actually didn’t know about buffering inputs for clinch/grapple entries.

This post was originally about how the clinch entry engagement (when compared to takedowns, has shorter range, slower movement, and higher vulnerability to interrupting strikes) seems more difficult than it should be.

I knew the striking to grappling input lag would help the issue once fixed, but I was also wanting a new clinch entry animation - either faster or more similar to takedowns - that would make it easier to engage in the clinch than atm.

That said, I’m glad to hear they’re looking into fixing both input lag and input buffer. That will definitely be a step in the right direction.

Clinch enfries are fast u just need to set them... in fact against a good grappler this game is terrble ... u have to pre deny all the time
Old 02-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Clinch enfries are fast u just need to set them... in fact against a good grappler this game is terrble ... u have to pre deny all the time

Fixes to input lag/input buffer will definitely make the clinch a more viable part of my game, but atm I have a very hard time getting the clinch against hard AI. Takedowns are a much safer bet.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
Fixes to input lag/input buffer will definitely make the clinch a more viable part of my game, but atm I have a very hard time getting the clinch against hard AI. Takedowns are a much safer bet.

Against the ai...maybe could be a matter of tunning the AI...
Against player work very well the entries... sometimes its almost impossible to deny if u dont pre deny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Against the ai...maybe could be a matter of tunning the AI...

Against player work very well the entries... sometimes its almost impossible to deny if u dont pre deny

I’ll make a comment on Skynet’s thread about the AI side of the issue. But in future iterations, I would like to see more ways to enter the clinch, either from failed takedown attempts (like in UD3) or by getting tied up during close range exchanges.

I’m not a huge fan of the current clinch entry animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »