Home

I have a few questions...

This is a discussion on I have a few questions... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

OVR: 0
I have a few questions...

Do excuse me if some of these points have already been addressed. I've been out of the loop for a while so I'm playing catch up here. I just need some clarity.

As someone who was highly competitive in the last game, I was pumped coming into this game. Very pumped. Hell, I speak for a few others too who share the same feelings when this game was released. However, a lot of us were disappointed at how it turned out. Thus, on behalf of myself and others, I have a few questions:

1) What is going on with the stamina?

On the ground, it's underpowered. In the last game, stamina was worked brilliantly, but now it just seems like a bore-stay-in-half-guard type stuff as no other positions can really be worked (unless you're in crucifix). I can only imagine this was nerfed to even out the competitive playing field in terms of grappling.

1.5) In stand up... If I'm not throwing much and my opponent throws hell in the first round, why are they STILL attacking with the same amount of power in the second and third round? It could be my chin is depleting, or the uppercut is that damn powerful. I just need some insight. Personally, I feel there is no incentive to play the long game because of how easily I could get caught with a uppercut-hook (look at point 2).

Furthermore, chomping at the body should be one of many routes to depleting stamina and not the only way. If someone throws a spinning kick and I block it, it should drain their stamina a lot more and they should not be able to regenerate at more or less the same rate as me. If they throw a lot of jabs and straights, I should have a considerable amount of stamina left compared to them, if all I was doing was blocking and keeping space. Instead, it's very minimal compared to before.

2) Following up from 1.5, dodge-uppercut-hook. My God, this is THE most overused combo in ranked at the minute, and I can see why. Dodge-uppercut gives ridiculous counter power and hits through the middle, whilst the hook hits through the side - you have all bases covered. The dodge-uppercut is near impossible to defend too, and should it hit, then you're in a hitstun and straight into a hook which rocks you. Egh. Nerf?

3) Clinching. Easy to break with the single leg takedown flick. No incentive, and no point. Thus, grappling to begin in this edition is more or less redundant.

4) High-block, body knee. Not much you can do to stop it, and well known against high ranked players. I don't think I need to say anything else.

5) Top mount... I'm raining down hammerfists and hooks to someone who barely has their block up, then when they transition into half guard, their block is all the way up and I have to start from status quo again. Why? How? I just knocked them down so they should still be vulnerable. Again, last game had it right, but this year they have taken that away. I don't get it.

I guess the general question to all of this is, how can I stop those little things from happening? Or just leave your complimentary/opposing thoughts down below - whatever suits. Just thought I'd air my frustrations out there.
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

But, I'm still selling wolf tickets.

Last edited by JustBlazeM8; 02-26-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I have a few questions...

You're not wrong and most of it is getting addressed. One thing that might not sadly is the body knee. I feel like it's gonna be the death of this game to be honest. I'm not sure how they're gonna balance it out.

I know for one thing it's far too convenient to input at the moment. Holding block and simply tapping X or O is far to simple. The knee should be schemed in such a way to it requires you to not be able to immediately block your face.

When I use Nog he has a body knee but it's only when you're too close and are trying to throw a push kick.

The input for his push kick is L1 R1 Square and X

This is a complex enough input that the player isn't able to immediately block afterwards and will deliberately choose when they throw it.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
You're not wrong and most of it is getting addressed. One thing that might not sadly is the body knee. I feel like it's gonna be the death of this game to be honest. I'm not sure how they're gonna balance it out.

I know for one thing it's far too convenient to input at the moment. Holding block and simply tapping X or O is far to simple. The knee should be schemed in such a way to it requires you to not be able to immediately block your face.

When I use Nog he has a body knee but it's only when you're too close and are trying to throw a push kick.

The input for his push kick is L1 R1 Square and X

This is a complex enough input that the player isn't able to immediately block afterwards and will deliberately choose when they throw it.
I'm just curious what you think the input should be. The push kick knee doesn't work if I want to step in with a knee (same thing with all the other kicks that convert into knees) or back up and throw a knee, so you can't just remove it and use those knees.

I'm not 100% sure that I want it changed, but I guess you could use R2+R1 then circle or X. I'm pretty sure that's not an input for anything right now and would make it slightly more complicated and make it slightly harder to throw straight from block. I'd like to wait and see if the patch changes anything about block strength or movement speed first though, no need to complicate things if it won't be necessary after those changes.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Knees should be a soft combo if thrown in rapid succession?? Only way I can think to stop it.

I haven’t really experienced knee spammers that much, maybe 2-3. But they soon stop when you blast them in the face with a couple of hooks.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

All of the back positions seem broken too? ... I had someone flattened out in back mount. All shots did no damage and if I postured up I lost stamina so fast again I could do no damage. He just layed there the whole time blocking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfreak
All of the back positions seem broken too? ... I had someone flattened out in back mount. All shots did no damage and if I postured up I lost stamina so fast again I could do no damage. He just layed there the whole time blocking.

I think I saw a game changer or maybe it was GPD said they were aware of this. Its pretty ridiculous that you can't finish the fight with strikes when you have somebody flattened.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #7
Rookie

its not just the uppercut hook that always gets rocks its every strike. not every fighter should have mike tysons power in his prime. we should have to work for a rock and that what i thought the head meter was for. and as far as the knee goes i think a blocked knee should give you a free takedown . blocked leg kicks and blocked knees should be a free takedown that way it keeps it from being spammed .
Old 02-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #8
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfreak

High level players will literally just sit there in turtle, back mount and flattened back mount. They won't attempt to transition and will simply sit there as there's no way you can block break from there without being shaken off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »