Home

Should Head Movement Dodge Knees To Body?

This is a discussion on Should Head Movement Dodge Knees To Body? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0

For a decade one of my bedrock strategies has been to let people blow their gas tank the first half of the fight while I work the body; by second half of the fight, they've gotten a broken rib, are huffing and puffing, and their guard starts to drop just every so slightly lower.....

When UFC 3 launched I was very happy to see that body punches (and body strikes in general) did some serious damage to long term stamina, and had legitimate chances of starting health events. Awesome!

Unfortunately, body punches were nerfed into oblivion, so much so that I went from throwing 20% of my punches to the body to about 1% (and am very very happy if I see someone even TRY to go for a body punch, since I know I can essentially KO them with one counter lol)

First, hopefully body punches will be un-nerfed some after the patch fixes some of the other stand-up issues.

I think bringing back the same Damage from body punches as pre-live tuner --- but keeping the new 'added vulnerability' (i.e. you are more vulnerable when throwing a body punch) --- is a good mix.

But I digress. Back to the story.

Enter: Knees to the Body.

I've found a lot of success with these. I've heard people call them cheese but to be honest I don't think they're cheesy. I've seen someone spam body knee then elbow to the head about 50x per round --- yes that's cheesy --- but the real issue with that was the fact their stamina barely seemed to drop even if you blocked both the knee and the elbow 40 times out of 50 lol

One question. I've seen Head Movement cause my perfectly timed & ranged knee to the body to totally whiff.

Especially if someone bobs & weaves right into your rear knee to their sternum ---- it ought to really hurt --- but oftentimes it will register as a 'miss' in-game.

Thoughts? Should there be a way to dodge a knee to the body with head movement? lol

i will say that I've caught people ducking into my body knee and done some seriousssss damage to them.

I also don't want knee to be "OP"

But ... if facing a Mike Tyson type guy who never blocks his body or moves laterally ---- he only bobs and weaves --- body to the knee ought to totally wreck him right???
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Should Head Movement Dodge Knees To Body?

Nothing should be changed about knees until the stamina tax for blocked strikes goes way up. Right now the only counter to a knee spammer is side sway and hooks.

After the stamina penalty is implemented, no, knees shouldn’t be able to be avoided with head movement. They should also do massive damage to the head if someone ducks into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
Banned

Step in knees need to have huge vulnerability if i hit you with any punch other then jab step in strikes need more vulnerability in general i think?
Old 02-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #4
Pro

The real problem is strikes tied to the block button. Remap them or they'll be nerfed to worthless as the meta won't change. The strikes should be range dependent as some already are. Head kick too close, it's a body kick. Front kick too close, it's a knee. Change the haymaker to elbows if you're too close or the fighter has dual moves. You can't combo with block button strikes and if you can the cancel is too sensitive to be reliable. All the stamina rules will get balanced out eventually. Same side knees should intercept sways, especially on the lead side. Ducks 100% should be blasted by body knees. Knees in general are the sole reason you don't see erratic head movement in mma striking.

Last edited by SMOKEZERO; 02-26-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
Step in knees need to have huge vulnerability if i hit you with any punch other then jab step in strikes need more vulnerability in general i think?

Anyone throwing a step knee is usually inside jab range. Knees are one of the safest and highest percentage strikes in mma.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #6
MVP

Ducking should leave your head vulnerable to intercept knees, whereas pulling leaves your body more vulnerable.. swaying left or right probably should dodge it.

I also feel knees should be catchable as they are irl
Old 02-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #7
Banned

I dont want players walkin me down holdin block throwing step in knees it looks ridiculous and knees are not throwin very often in mma stepping in but whatever it is just a game if people wanna fight dumb and unrealistic have fun
Old 02-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
I dont want players walkin me down holdin block throwing step in knees it looks ridiculous and knees are not throwin very often in mma stepping in but whatever it is just a game if people wanna fight dumb and unrealistic have fun

Strikes tied to block should be remapped and knees are more frequent than head kicks in mma. Pretty common strike.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »