Home

The Input Lag on the game...

This is a discussion on The Input Lag on the game... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Input Lag on the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I assume he is talking about how when you push a strike your character on screen doesnt execute the strike until like a second later. It feels like you are pre inputting your strikes and then watching an animation battle play out.

Most games when you push a button it is so responsive that it feels like it executes while you push the button.
See but that simply isn't true and doesn't exist at all, unless you're talking about extreme online lag cases.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I assume he is talking about how when you push a strike your character on screen doesnt execute the strike until like a second later. It feels like you are pre inputting your strikes and then watching an animation battle play out.

Most games when you push a button it is so responsive that it feels like it executes while you push the button.
That's exactly what I'm going through on ps4 pro. It's really damaging when I'm trying to block and it doesn't register for 2 seconds... I'll try to make a video of my controller and screen at same time.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
Banned

The hope for this game being fixed is really going down the drain. These guys either don't play their own game, don't know what input delay is, or only play their game and don't know what responsive controls are.

The supposed untouched grappling isn't even as responsive as ufc 2. So obviously there's something wrong, especially when everyone is pointing out the obvious input delay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage
The hope for this game being fixed is really going down the drain. These guys either don't play their own game, don't know what input delay is, or only play their game and don't know what responsive controls are.

The supposed untouched grappling isn't even as responsive as ufc 2. So obviously there's something wrong, especially when everyone is pointing out the obvious input delay.
I don't get any input delay, I just stay out of these threads because it's not something we can discuss. I don't feel input delay, you do and we're never going to come to terms on that.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekara83
That's exactly what I'm going through on ps4 pro. It's really damaging when I'm trying to block and it doesn't register for 2 seconds... I'll try to make a video of my controller and screen at same time.
If you're gonna do that to try and demonstrate it, I'd do it in offline matches or practice mode if I were you. Otherwise it can't really be distinguished from internet latency by anyone else watching.

GPD's right btw - "lag" is used as a catch-all term for any kind of "this move didn't happen when I told it to". And that makes it very difficult to understand where people are coming from sometimes.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-28-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
If you're gonna do that to try and demonstrate it, I'd do it in offline matches or practice mode if I were you. Otherwise it can't really be distinguished from internet latency by anyone else watching.

GPD's right btw - "lag" is used as a catch-all term for any kind of "this move didn't happen when I told it to". And that makes it very difficult to understand where people are coming from sometimes.
I haven't played anything but online so I don't know if it's the same as offline but I will try.

When I say input lag, I mean when I hit low block,its almost 2 seconds before it registers... When I do jab, jab, straight,jab my first jab doesn't start until I've already hit the last jab button... My latency is 10-18 ms.

If it somthing to do with my internet then I don't understand why I don't have this problem in Tekken 7,or Injustice 2.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekara83
I haven't played anything but online so I don't know if it's the same as offline but I will try.

When I say input lag, I mean when I hit low block,its almost 2 seconds before it registers... When I do jab, jab, straight,jab my first jab doesn't start until I've already hit the last jab button... My latency is 10-18 ms.

If it somthing to do with my internet then I don't understand why I don't have this problem in Tekken 7,or Injustice 2.
Wait a second here....that sounds pretty normal to me. The animations for one strike have to play out before another one starts, even when you're combo'ing cancelable strikes together. And those animations play a lot slower than you can press the buttons. The game is just remembering that you pressed that sequence and it starts each strike in the combo as soon as possible after the last one finishes playing. It's buffering all of those inputs.

There's a limit to how fast the combos can come out, otherwise the game would look janky as hell animation-wise (not to mention be even more spammy than it is now). Plus the time between attacks is the only time someone can land a counterpunch in case a strike is blocked.

I guess I just don't understand what people are complaining about. This isn't tekken, there aren't really blockstrings that don't allow an opponent to escape, and because of that you are going to have openings to get countered in-between strikes.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-28-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #16
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I wouldn't call it input lag, but when you try to fake transitions on the ground there is a delayed hang in the animation that seems to only happen on ps4.

Based on what guys in the discord are saying, its just a ps4 thing. I would fake a trans in full guard bottom and the animation would play through longer as if i held the stick when i literally only flicked it.

A good example of this is the bottom getup transition fake(feet on hips/down on right stick) from bottom full guard. In practice, the fake is quick but in ranked it hangs like crazy at time. Not sure if the devs are aware of this.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »