Home

How do you guys feel about the button scheme?

This is a discussion on How do you guys feel about the button scheme? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you guys feel about the button scheme?

I honestly dont like it, never have, not even in the beta. There has to be better ideas for buttons. It may be too late to change UFC3 buttons but for the next one they need to improve it. I guess i see why alot of people stick to the 1-2, because perfoming advance combos doesn't feel comfortable. Having to press 4 buttons just for an uppercut to the body is unbelievable, Especially when you mix it into a combo. 9 times out of 10 the fighter will kick instead. Performing any combos with body shots or advanced strikes isnt fluid to the feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
Banned

Re: How do you guys feel about the button scheme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjy7
I honestly dont like it, never have, not even in the beta. There has to be better ideas for buttons. It may be too late to change UFC3 buttons but for the next one they need to improve it. I guess i see why alot of people stick to the 1-2, because perfoming advance combos doesn't feel comfortable. Having to press 4 buttons just for an uppercut to the body is unbelievable, Especially when you mix it into a combo. 9 times out of 10 the fighter will kick instead. Performing any combos with body shots or advanced strikes isnt fluid to the feel.
It's clunky and kills the flow of the game. Who wants to hold 5 buttons to throw a certain kick? I have to hold a bumper and a trigger to throw a body hook? Certain strikes are mapped to holding block? What?
Old 03-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
It's clunky and kills the flow of the game. Who wants to hold 5 buttons to throw a certain kick? I have to hold a bumper and a trigger to throw a body hook? Certain strikes are mapped to holding block? What?
Its seriously annoying lol. Its why im having problems with my fighter performing what i pressed. With so many buttons being used, some inputs probably dont get read. They need to go back to the drawing board with this one
Old 03-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjy7
Its seriously annoying lol. Its why im having problems with my fighter performing what i pressed. With so many buttons being used, some inputs probably dont get read. They need to go back to the drawing board with this one
Plus when do you even have time to throw anything complicated when most people are just hunting you down spamming double uppercuts and hooks? By the time I make sure all my 5 fingers are on the appropriate buttons I'm decapitated.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
Rookie

I doubt anybody actually likes the control scheme, the best thing you can say about it is it's the only way this could be done. Since both sticks are reserved for movement and head movement though, there is not much else you can do. The only thing I can think of would be differentiating the inputs based on (for example, on PS4) press square, tap square, double-tap square, press and hold square etc. This would probably cause a whole bunch of bugs and technical problems though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 12:44 AM   #6
Rookie

I like the sticks being used just for movement so I don't know what else they could have done. The only thing I wish it had was a true power modifier, don't know how they would do that tho.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:25 AM   #7
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

I don't mind the control scheme that much, my only problem is uppercuts to the body, those feel awkward, other than that I think some of the complicated imputs actually reduce spam for crazy things like cartwheel kicks ect... it also forces the player to set them up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-02-2018, 05:19 AM   #8
Rookie

I am really struggling with it! Especially throwing body shots in a combo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »