Home

Patch Spoilers (3-2)

This is a discussion on Patch Spoilers (3-2) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Patch Spoilers

Any possibility of adding new takedown animations in a future patch? Maybe some rushing takedowns. Can't wait for this patch!
Old 03-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What division are you on? I’m on division 4 and I fought People using Volkov and Pearson last night. I saw a bunch of people relying on guys like Khabib too but I’ve seen some good variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here. I see quite a bit of variety. There will be more after the patch as the ground game is becoming less stat based, as most of my choices are influenced by the fighter’s ability to work off the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
What division are you on? I’m on division 4 and I fought People using Volkov and Pearson last night. I saw a bunch of people relying on guys like Khabib too but I’ve seen some good variety.

I think his point goes more in the direction of:

Would like to see more parity among all the fighters so skill matter more than stats.

I mean sure all the fighters are usable, but people probably want stats to matter less than skill.

I am in two minds with this personally because I don't know what the point of stats would be. But at the same time I agree with the premise- skills should matter more than stats.

I think it's already true, but people probably want it to be more true.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:

Wait until you face division 5 and 6 players. I can assure you that it is mostly championship fighters and high-rated ground fighters. Variety in fighter choice sizes down to a few, and the variety in match ups become fewer too with much longer loading times. You'll be fighting the same 10 people over and over again, just wait lol... This a whole different issue anyway...

Last edited by Paledude45; 03-02-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:02 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Slowing down the strikes is another option actually.
Or possibly people figuring out they can cancel the strike with one flick. Which is actually more powerful than blocking there would be.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #62
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Or possibly people figuring out they can cancel the strike with one flick. Which is actually more powerful than blocking there would be.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
That's why I think it's fine the way it is, even if it's not ideal. It was all intentional to try and make side control something different, given the restrictions.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Slowing down the strikes is another option actually.

I personally am for slowing down strikes in side control.

It would help quell issues online AND offline, since the AI doesn’t always transition out of SC once they start getting caught with rapid fire shots. Makes it too easy to get offline knockouts from that position, which is somewhat unsatisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:

Division 5 but it wasn't really different in 4.. people only pick the champs and maybe 2 or 3 others.. I thought I read somewhere on here that you get more points for beating a high tier fighter with a lower tier guy, if that's true then can it be increased because it seems negligible right now..If it's not true then can it be considered?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »