Home

The instant KOs on this game are freaking perfectttt

This is a discussion on The instant KOs on this game are freaking perfectttt within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The instant KOs on this game are freaking perfectttt

just wanted to say something positive about the game because people seem to focus on the negative.

if someone is throwing a headkick and gets caught with a headkick on the way in, they should get knocked out, thats why u dont see them thrown all the time in real life, they leave u wide open
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The instant KOs on this game are freaking perfectttt

Well, i don't mean to turn a positive into a negative but, EA MMA was perfect. EA UFC 3 is okay. The nearly simultaneous head kick KOs are just overall 'off' imo. It happens often now because everyone knows there's a specific range to find that sweet spot...in other words a bit too predictable.

Vulnerability for KOs were better in EA MMA because it wasn't as predictable yet they always made sense. But i also think evading and blocking strikes were a bit more effective/responsive too which made you pick shots even more.

You really had to work for openings which I liked. You could end up only connecting on 20% of your shots if you threw like crazy. I think this game is missing that but people seem to want to connect more often on here with less effective blocking...So go figure.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Well, i don't mean to turn a positive into a negative but, EA MMA was perfect. EA UFC 3 is okay. The nearly simultaneous head kick KOs are just overall 'off' imo. It happens often now because everyone knows there's a specific range to find that sweet spot...in other words a bit too predictable.

Vulnerability for KOs were better in EA MMA because it wasn't as predictable yet they always made sense. But i also think evading and blocking strikes were a bit more effective/responsive too which made you pick shots even more.

You really had to work for openings which I liked. You could end up only connecting on 20% of your shots if you threw like crazy. I think this game is missing that but people seem to want to connect more often on here with less effective blocking...So go figure.

I never played EA MMA but watched some gameplay after your comment, and oh my goodness.

What happened between EA MMA and EA UFC? The animations in EA MMA looked good even compared to EA UFC 3, and more importantly, fights in EA MMA would seamlessly transition from striking to grappling with no weird pauses or drastic slowdowns like in EA UFC.

Also, the weird rubbery animations seen in EA UFC (hit reactions and ground animations) weren’t there and the game looked much better as a result. Is this a gameplay engine issue? Either way, it looks really bad, especially on the ground in the current EA iteration.

All that said, they shouldn’t have tinkered with the gameplay mechanics prior to the first EA UFC. I think we’d have a much more fluid, pretty, and polished product if they stayed the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-03-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

So this happened literally right after I wrote that comment...Image1520109222.024518.jpg

Old 03-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

Too bad its inconsistent as ****.

Sure, one fight the opponent will walk into a head kick abd go down, but the next fight, you'll throw the kitchen sink at them, they'll take it, then several stuns later you'll land a jab to set something up and your opponent will slump to the floor like a pile of dead leather.

It's jarring as hell and leaves a sour taste.

The damage modelling, damage done, ect, seems to be toned back from the beta, I've yet to see a 1PKO, which were rare, but possible in beta.

But overall, yeah, sometimes the KO physics meld well, other times you land 47 headkicks that do nothing, then stun or KO the opponent off a jab immediately after..

It's probably something to do with vulnerability, they weren't throwing anything when I geadkicked them, but they were starting up a cross when the jab landed.. thus its worth the KO over the headkick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 11:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I never played EA MMA but watched some gameplay after your comment, and oh my goodness.

What happened between EA MMA and EA UFC? The animations in EA MMA looked good even compared to EA UFC 3, and more importantly, fights in EA MMA would seamlessly transition from striking to grappling with no weird pauses or drastic slowdowns like in EA UFC.

Also, the weird rubbery animations seen in EA UFC (hit reactions and ground animations) weren’t there and the game looked much better as a result. Is this a gameplay engine issue? Either way, it looks really bad, especially on the ground in the current EA iteration.

All that said, they shouldn’t have tinkered with the gameplay mechanics prior to the first EA UFC. I think we’d have a much more fluid, pretty, and polished product if they stayed the course.

EA MMAs biggest problem was a lack of depth in moveset, but it had a lot under the radar goodness. The game had great balance all around and it is one of the few sports games in general that I truly felt every rating implemented actually matter.

If anything, I suggest anyone to pick it up used under $5 if you have a ps3 still just to compare certain aspects of it to EA UFC. I hold dearly to it for the sub system mostly. But def had it's bright moments animations and the overall KO system was great as well.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:59 AM   #7
Rookie

ea mma is so unresponsive after pressing button,the delay is terrible sometimes i never felt in control of the fighter. I think this post is a joke because i don't think anythings better in ea mma than ea ufc 3 but i did like the skeletal hud when going for submissions,other than that it is one of the worst mma games being so unresponsive.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
ea mma is so unresponsive after pressing button,the delay is terrible sometimes i never felt in control of the fighter. I think this post is a joke because i don't think anythings better in ea mma than ea ufc 3 but i did like the skeletal hud when going for submissions,other than that it is one of the worst mma games being so unresponsive.
The lag is so much worse now, i dont know what youre talking about there.

The overall sub system now is by far the worst. Subs in EA MMA actually were sub battles that weren't gates that automatically take 4 secs so you actually could either sink a sub in for just 5 secs or it could last damn near a minute. Plus you had to manage your stamina during the sub attempt.

The vulnerability was better. Now everyone's just reliant on frames that everyone knows exactly where and when to throw a damaging strike, and it's starting to feel way too predictable.

GnP was more realistic. Just like irl, it didn't end fights from just a few strikes unless some one was already hurt and most times it was best to setup the submission to finish...that was 100x better than the GnP we have now.

Again, the ratings really made a huge difference too and made everyone feel more unique than most games. Combo speed ratings for punches & kicks still seem like a better idea than programming in combos. Plus it still feels like nearly everyone has generally the same combo speed, that might be because everyone's rating is only about 10 pts apart, but I dunno. But EA MMA, you'd never want to stand with Shinya against a Diaz.

There's a lot of little things EA MMA did well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »