Home

FINALLY!!!

This is a discussion on FINALLY!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: FINALLY!!!

There’s a bug in the second one because it appears to show Yamasaki stopping a fight for a TKO.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #18
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
There’s a bug in the second one because it appears to show Yamasaki stopping a fight for a TKO.
Could be fun if the different refs have different behaviour. FIFA´s referees have different ratings for strictness.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Could be fun if the different refs have different behaviour. FIFA´s referees have different ratings for strictness.
The Show does that too with strike zones, but I don’t really like it. That sort of thing already exists in the judges in this game, but I don’t know how the UFC or individual refs would feel about EA calling out their inconsistencies in when to stop fights (since that and stand ups are about all the refs do.)
Old 03-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #20
MVP

Honestly, before they added it, I couldn't give to rats about ref interactions.

Now that it's in, my goodness. I see why you guys were requesting it so badly!!

The game feels much more alive now

Did you guys touch the clinch too?!!!

It is so much more fun vs the AI! There's no auto escape from blocking shots anymore unless you're wobbled. This is fantastic. Spent a good 2 mins against Hard AI as Saki vs Shogun, duking it out in the thai clinch.

I need to download the tuner set too.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
If I understand correctly, this is an awesome idea.

It would be good to have finish the fight scenarios arise from brutal GNP.
Yeah you got it, I need to word my replies better haha.

Hopefully for the next game we can hit a fighter on the ground with a clean strike and rock them, which would initiate the 'finish the fight' event where you throw punches quickly in an attempt to get a ref stoppage, that way you still have the main system there when you can throw straights, hooks and hammerfists but if you get a good shot in and get a rock, you can throw punches as if you followed up with the finish the fight strikes after a knockdown.

If they were to implement it I'd love to see finish the fight animations with the fast punches but for dedicated positions, so if you rock someone from full guard for example, instead of coping out and transitioning to the "on the back" animation in the gif above, it'd be a new rocked position from actual full guard where you punch them repeatedly as they try to recover, would look really cool and feel satisfying if it was done just like the new finish the fight animations which look and feel super brutal.

But the TL : DR (even though theres not loads to read anyway) is it'd be cool if punches could trigger the finish the fight animations on the ground, letting you finish the fight as if you scored a knockdown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus

Hopefully for the next game we can hit a fighter on the ground with a clean strike and rock them, which would initiate the 'finish the fight' event where you throw punches quickly in an attempt to get a ref stoppage, that way you still have the main system there when you can throw straights, hooks and hammerfists but if you get a good shot in and get a rock, you can throw punches as if you followed up with the finish the fight strikes after a knockdown.

If they were to implement it I'd love to see finish the fight animations with the fast punches but for dedicated positions, so if you rock someone from full guard for example, instead of coping out and transitioning to the "on the back" animation in the gif above, it'd be a new rocked position from actual full guard where you punch them repeatedly as they try to recover, would look really cool and feel satisfying if it was done just like the new finish the fight animations which look and feel super brutal.

But the TL : DR (even though theres not loads to read anyway) is it'd be cool if punches could trigger the finish the fight animations on the ground, letting you finish the fight as if you scored a knockdown.
Brilliant, I can't believe this didn't cross my mind earlier.

I would like to see something like this in a patch down the line. Good work.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:14 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus

This is pretty much how it was done in UD3
Old 03-06-2018, 03:21 AM   #24
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

And some GCs thought this was impossible or going to take forever to be added as if Undisputed or UFC 1 had some out of this world tech that made it happen...

Sorry, but some of these GCs go to great lengths to needlessly defend issues with the game.

But anyway, so glad it was added, and I am pretty surprised this turned out so well visually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »