Home

WE need to be able to play ONLINE custom SLIDERS matches!

This is a discussion on WE need to be able to play ONLINE custom SLIDERS matches! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #25
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WE need to be able to play ONLINE custom SLIDERS matches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We arent though. He changed his argument. His first argument was that sliders should be online first because there are more people online than offline. I told him it wasnt true.

He switched his argument to only PvP and said that sliders are primarily a PvP thing when thats absolutely not true at all.

Offline and online should both have sliders but there isnt a single sports game that started with sliders online and then added them offline. Its always been the opposite.
I am not switching.
You see what YOU WANT to see in my words. But not what i am talking about really.
And you are keep misleading my thread/request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
NO, sliders firstly are about GAMEPLAY and Physics, and secondary about AI behavior.

Please, dont teach me about sliders b/c i am a fan of sliders for PvP and using it online , i am creating sliders over 15 years.
Lets take 2K sports games (NHK 2K, NBA 2K, etc) - all their ganme are ABOUT SLIDERS (physics , mechanics sliders and ONLY at the end AI sliders)... their games has tens of sliders, even more you can upload and download other player's sliders sets and use it for offline and online PvP matches via 2k share center!

Asking one more time, please dont misleading my thread.
- it is on about offline qty > online qty
- not about offline > online
- not about separating community
- not about PvE > PvP

My thread is about to USE presented Sliders custom macthes feature on its fullness via using it in ONLINE PvP matches!
> For devs:
Step 1 - create more Sliders settings variability (look how 2K Sports did it)
Step 2 - create a Share center for exchanging/sharing it between players
Step 3 - allow to use it in UNRANKED offline/online matches
Profit = x2, x3 more life cycle of your game!

Devs can create an awesome feature BUt if tthey doe NOT allow us to uyse it - their work is USELESS.
Here is an example of NHL 2K10 sliders (pay attention that NHL is a team play game, you are controlling 6 players, not ONE as in UFC so there are must to be more AI teamplay sliders, BUT pay attention on % of gaemplay/physics sliders!):

And Share center allows to make rating and comment on persons's Sliders sets > so _THE COMMUNITY DECIDES_ what settings are the best for them! This will be a BEACON for Devs in
evolving their game! The community will make their job for them.
SLIDERS for PvP with Share center - is a Darwin's NATURAL SELECTION for the game.

Last edited by SUGATA; 03-05-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 05:25 PM   #26
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

This is GPD upcoming patch spoilers:
Quote:
  • Fixed unblock-able strike after an active knockdown, getup, or catch kick counter
  • Force denial to sprawl on takedown attempts from the clinch.
  • Reduced AI tendency to check leg kicks.
  • Tune takedown speed and ranges
  • Remove the free strike in Side Control after a takedown.
  • Added the ability to queue takedowns and clinch attempts after strikes and slips, and make those transitions able to interrupt the recovery frames sooner.
  • Reduced AI grappling transition frequency following grapple denials.
  • Reduced Ai tendency to throw strikes from poor grappling positions.
  • Tuned block to come up quicker when switching between High and Low block.
  • Add momentum advantage off bottom crucifix transition cancel to give more escape options.
  • Added a long term stamina penalty any time you get rocked or knocked down.
  • Add counter damage bonus to back lunge evasion.
  • Reduced range on Iminari Roll.
  • Tuned the impact of grapple ratings on transition speeds, bringing them more in line with what they were in UFC 2.
  • Add a small amount of side head vulnerability to forward moving strikes.
  • Tuned AI to throw more standing strikes and fewer moving strikes.
  • Remove grapple advantage when holding block in single collar.
  • Reduce general AI aggression on the feet.
  • Added Justin Gaethje signature block to his AI.
ALL these are SLIDERS.
How many of them are about AI?
And how many about gameplay?
The most are about GAMEPLAY.

Give us the ability to tune ALL these settings for unranked custom player macthes (can be played online and offline and can be shared among the community) by ourself, lets us decide what is the best... and we will create the best and the most balanced Slider tuner for the game soon!
Old 03-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
This is GPD upcoming patch spoilers:
ALL these are SLIDERS.
How many of them are about AI?
And how many about gameplay?
The most are about GAMEPLAY.

Give us the ability to tune ALL these settings for unranked custom player macthes (can be played online and offline and can be shared among the community) by ourself, lets us decide what is the best... and we will create the best and the most balanced Slider tuner for the game soon!
None of those of sliders available to users. Maybe the word "sliders" means something different in Russia.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That’s because online gaming wasnt as big when sliders were first introduced. Most features in general started offline.

I think you’re trying to spin a narrative that isnt there. In other sports game sliders are an essential part of the online community and keep things like leagues/franchises going year to year.

Edit: Just to clarify that I think you’re 100% correct concering offline gamers. But I part of that is because there any online sliders. A lot of people dont care to deal with the garbage that is ranked lol.
I'm not trying to spin any narrative. I gave you facts. Its a fact that sliders in all sports games start offline. I'm not arguing that sliders shouldnt be online at all. I actually think they should.

With that said, there was WAY more of a demand here and on other forums for offline sliders. I didnt start hearing this demand for online sliders until the offline sliders appeared.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #29
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
None of those of sliders available to users. Maybe the word "sliders" means something different in Russia.
I know that they are not available FOR NOW.
So, i am talking about to make available most possible sliders.
And stop trying to troll me on national aspects - you 100% got what i am talking about, but u r empty on counter arguments and start trolling.

But what IF i dont want to dive into sliders and its science you ask? No problems! You just go to Share center, choose the slider from tens/hundreds you want (based for ex on its Rating, Downloads, Comments, or Recommendations) > Download it > Turn it On > start playing on it i your Offline matches and Create Online room and play unranked Player match... You may change you lovely UFC3 gameplay whatever you want UNTIL you find your best slider and then you will stack with it.

Here is example of 2K10 Share center:
Old 03-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #30
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

You cant just look at your friends as proof of who is playing the game.

Quote:
Every evening all my friends are playing UFC online,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
I'm not trying to spin any narrative. I gave you facts. Its a fact that sliders in all sports games start offline. I'm not arguing that sliders shouldnt be online at all. I actually think they should.

With that said, there was WAY more of a demand here and on other forums for offline sliders. I didnt start hearing this demand for online sliders until the offline sliders appeared.
I dont recall the demand specifying online vs offline. It was a call for sliders in general. Once sliders were implemented but the online side was neglected of course we’ll speak up.

And sure it’s a “fact” but one that is highly irrelevant to your argument when you consider context. Sliders arent primarily for offline gamers in other sport games. That statement was wrong. They started offline because everything started offline back in the day. Currently online sliders are just as big in Madden/2k as offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I dont recall the demand specifying online vs offline. It was a call for sliders in general. Once sliders were implemented but the online side was neglected of course we’ll speak up.

And sure it’s a “fact” but one that is highly irrelevant to your argument when you consider context. Sliders arent primarily for offline gamers in other sport games. That statement was wrong. They started offline because everything started offline back in the day. Currently online sliders are just as big in Madden/2k as offline.

The demand was absolutely offline because it mostly referenced being able to adjust the AI and that’s irrelevant to online play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »