Home

Conor McGregor's counters are brutal

This is a discussion on Conor McGregor's counters are brutal within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 12:58 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Conor McGregor's counters are brutal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Yeah but I'd like to think that with Al Iaquinta or Jeremy Stephens I can hold my own on the feet. It's just too dangerous trying to trade with him, he rocks you no matter what. And since he rocks you he always out-stamina's you (if you know what I mean) thanks to the stamina drain off rocks, so a competitive player will know not to whiff on too many strikes with him because that drains stamina. Instead they're going to sway/duck counter and hit you once to rock you instantly. It's brutal and I can see why he is currently a go-to at LW and FW.
I said the same thing about Alvarez, Poirier and Aldo vs McGregor IRL (in that they'd hold their own on the feet) lol, sadly, I was very wrong, so its not like its inaccurate sadly.

I haven't played much against his AI post patch TBH, been too busy destroying LHW with Saki bombs.

That said, the AI is far better at perfectly timed counterstriking than any person I've played, especially post patch, timing counters is much harder now. Though I'm sure there are killer McG players out there.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:40 AM   #10
Banned

I keep saying it this is the conor patch and people didn't believe me and they also made it easier for him to get up

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2018, 01:43 AM   #11
Banned

This can be easily fixed by punishing every movement with loss of long term stamina. Sways, walking, running, and ESPECIALLY HOLDING HIGH BLOCK THE ENTIRE TIME... etc.

Never seen a fight where a fighter constantly kept his hands up for 3 rounds. Never.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 01:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I said the same thing about Alvarez, Poirier and Aldo vs McGregor IRL (in that they'd hold their own on the feet) lol, sadly, I was very wrong, so its not like its inaccurate sadly.

I haven't played much against his AI post patch TBH, been too busy destroying LHW with Saki bombs.

That said, the AI is far better at perfectly timed counterstriking than any person I've played, especially post patch, timing counters is much harder now. Though I'm sure there are killer McG players out there.
Then I suppose by using this logic the only one who should be able to stand and trade with McGregor in this game is Nate Diaz, maybe we could have Floyd and a boxing venue DLC so that way we would have a chance against McGregor using Floyd as well. Have a go in division 5 against McGregor using a beast like Stephens, once that duck uppercut by McGregor lands flush it's downhill from there...
Old 03-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
Then I suppose by using this logic the only one who should be able to stand and trade with McGregor in this game is Nate Diaz, maybe we could have Floyd and a boxing venue DLC so that way we would have a chance against McGregor using Floyd as well. Have a go in division 5 against McGregor using a beast like Stephens, once that duck uppercut by McGregor lands flush it's downhill from there...
Well Diaz can’t stand with McGregor either. It’s when McGregor gets tired and skill is takin out of the equation that Diaz can land anything. Durability and cardio are the only things that allowed him to hit McGregor.

Last edited by neyney00; 03-07-2018 at 06:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »